A pop-up green card scam?

I've seen these banner ads for a long time, not to mention the teeth whitening one and the one about Acia berry pills. The pill one entitles you to a "free" bottle, and then you get charged about $80!!

There ought to be some way to stamp out all this.

Total scam: Believe me, I have to sponsor people with Home Land Security for work visas, green cards, and citizenship, and the idea that you just give information over the internet, and HLS accepts that is.... well, if you believe that, there's a bridge in San Francisco that I own that I can sell you.

The pop-up is from "usagc.org". If you google on that domain, you can find many opinions on the service, which is part of the Greencard lottery business.

USAGC.org claims to be one of the biggest international sites in the Diversity Visa (Green Card) category in the world, with five offices worldwide and more on the way. USAGC.org invests in customer service by "... operating an international call center in 10+ languages, using a live chat service; a U.S. toll free number and local number in every office". They also offer additional products to potential immigrants including English language teaching software, international dictionary, an immigration booklet, and more. USAGC.org uses their own servers to better support its clients from all over the world, which enables them to save money. USAGC.org uses a secure payment system licensed by Thawte and have a top score from Trustgauge.com and McAfee. USAGC appears for the very first time this year as a top site with a rating of '6' out of 10 points.

http://www.mygreencard.com/review.php

Frauds and scams

There is no charge to enter the diversity visa lottery, and the only way to do so is by completing and sending the electronic form available at the U.S. Department of State's website during the registration period. However, there are numerous companies and websites that charge a fee in order to complete the form for the applicant. The Department of State and the Federal Trade Commission have warned that some of these businesses falsely claim to increase someone's chances of winning the lottery, or that they are affiliated with the U.S. government.[10][11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Card_Lottery

Edited by Claude