Just a Little Preview of the New recording Project

this seems to have evaporated over at the musicians forum, probably something I did wrong, so I'll re-post here -

I'm nearly done with a 2CD project of personal approaches to the blues (supposed to come out on Music and Arts, I don't know when) - With Matt Shipp, Roswell Rudd, my Portland band (Jessie Hatula, Jake Millet and Ray Suhy, bass, electronic drums, and guitar) - and scheduled to record with Marc Ribot at the end of June and hope to insert 2 or 3 additional things as well. I'm very happy with this (best thing I've done since New Tango) and will, within a week or so, have it essentially edited and sequenced (will probably put together a little preview CDR for distribution at that point). For now, here are the titles:

Why Mama Why (Does Your Big Leg Look So Long?)

Ras Speaks #1

Pete Brown's Blues

Twilight at Terezin

Electro Convulsive Blues (from the Bud Powell Suite)

No More Blues (the Sins of the Mother)

Blues in Shreds

Blue Interlude #1

Manhattan Moan

The Trapeze Artist's Anxiety at the First Note the Jazz Band Blows

- or, Black Men Play in No Man's Land for Country Folk and Jim Crow Eyes (from The Buddy Bolden Suite)

The Children of Ella Mae Wiggins

In a Harlem Ashram

The Lost (from the Albert Ayler Suite)

Pauli Murray, At the Back of the Bus, Suddenly Discovers She has the Blues

The Baptist Minister (Lost in the Catacombs, Suddenly Questions The Meaning of His Life) - 1

Temperance March

Entrance Without Exit

Ras Speaks #2

Williamsburgh Blues

Sweet Joe Pye Weed (from the Buddy Bolden Suite)

Blue Interlude #2

I Hate Blues 1:48

Huh/Sublime and Funky Love Part 1

Why Mama Why (Does Your Big Leg Look So Long?)- 2

Blue Collage

In Da Sunset of Your love

Repression

Ras Speaks #3

The Moon Is Setting on the Whore Eye Zone

The Baptist Minister (Lost in the Catacombs, Suddenly Questions The Meaning of His Life) -2

this seems to have evaporated over at the musicians forum, probably something I did wrong, so I'll re-post here -

I'm nearly done with a 2CD project of personal approaches to the blues (supposed to come out on Music and Arts, I don't know when) - With Matt Shipp, Roswell Rudd, my Portland band (Jessie Hatula, Jake Millet and Ray Suhy, bass, electronic drums, and guitar) - and scheduled to record with Marc Ribot at the end of June and hope to insert 2 or 3 additional things as well. I'm very happy with this (best thing I've done since New Tango) and will, within a week or so, have it essentially edited and sequenced (will probably put together a little preview CDR for distribution at that point).

Interesting titles. It's been a good year for you so far Allen. Looking forward to this. I'm a bit confused on the who and when though. Are you saying that the editing and sequencing will be done for the bulk of the project in a week or so, but that you hope to add a couple of additional tracks from the recording date with Robot in June?

editing is done, mostly. I'm sequencing now, but will likely add 5-6 things later on (with the Ribot recordings, a few more with my group, and one with the singer Howard Fishman; possibly a Randy Sandke cut) - in a week, however, I will have about 90 percent of the project mastered completely. Subject to my whims...

I feel a little bit like the old poet in Night of the Iguana, trying to get this all done before I run out of time.............