Ronnie Gardiner coming to Michigan...

This is for my Organissimo boyz as well as the public. I just got a call from a woman in Grand Rapids who is friends with Ronnie Gardiner from Sweden. She said he will be in town from December 22nd to January 8th and she wanted to know places where he could come out and listen to some good music and possibly sit in. I told her about our upcoming show at Founder's Brew Company on January 6th.

I guess Ronnie is a veteren of the Swedish jazz scene, although I must admit I don't know much about him. He owns his own club there, Ronnie's Room. I found a little bio on this page.

Any of our European board members know about this cat?

:)

Any of our European board members know about this cat?

:)

Ronnie is a veteran on the Swedish scene; he played with boogie-woogie pianist Charlie Norman for decades, as well as hosted several bands playing jazz (mostly) somewhere between swing, bop and mainstream. He's still playing, but I'm not sure how much. He's been involved in rehabilitation of stroke patients through 'Rhythm Therapy' for some time (Link: http://www.viewzone.com/rhythm_therapy.html ). The club mentioned on the page Jim linked to is more of a club within a club: an irregular feature for him at the legendary Stockholm enterprise 'Nalen'.

A picture from Ronnie's 70th birthday celebration in 2002:

rg3.jpg