Stan Getz & Kenny Barron

Just heard about this.

Does anyone here have it? If so, does it include the original 2 disc release among the 7 CDs?

Also, would anyone venture to opine as to whether the original 2 CD set is sufficient? I've always wanted but never got around to getting People Time. Is this the way to go?

The set can be picked up for around $50 online based on a quick google.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Edited by greggery peccary

There's a thread here about this release but I couldn't locate it quickly. My opinion is yes it's worth getting the complete set and I'd recommend doing so.

The set is great -- I picked up the European import a few months ago. I haven't critically listened to the discs back to back to compare solos, but the quality of the music is stunning.

Just heard about this.

Does anyone here have it? If so, does it include the original 2 disc release among the 7 CDs?

Also, would anyone venture to opine as to whether the original 2 CD set is sufficient? I've always wanted but never got around to getting People Time. Is this the way to go?

The set can be picked up for around $50 online based on a quick google.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Honestly, the 2 CD set was sufficient, when it was all we had. But no longer. The 7 CD set is definitely the the way to go. It's a fabulous set. Hearing the 4 nights worth of music in sequence is a fascinating, often stunning, and completely satisfying musical experience. This set goes with me to the desert island.