The warning system is dead...

Jim Alfredson

Edited for brevity and cussing! :)

I killed the warning system since it doesn't work. Now we're back to one simple over-riding rule: You piss me or my brother off, you're gone. Don't like it? Tough.

Everybody here needs to realize that this board is a privilege, not a right. This is my board, my server space, my money, my time, and my rules. I've realized in the past week that you can't please all the people all the time so I'm just going to do things my way and if you don't like it you can hit the road.

I have too many important things in my life to worry about keeping various children on this board in line. I have a REAL child of my own coming into the world in less than five months and a house to completely renovate, among other things.

Everyone here should know what I expect: I expect you to act like adults and handle things like an adult. Don't say anything here you wouldn't say to the person face-to-face. Easy enough?

:tup:tup:tup

Chrystal clear, Jim!

I hope most board members will accept this statement. The occasional voices claiming their "freedom of speech" has been violated on this and other message boards when administrators have taken actions like this have always sounded ridiculous to me.

I think this is for the best of the board.

Edited by Daniel A

Good move Jim.

I believe there can come a time when maintaining a board of this sort gets to be too much of a pain in the butt or the goings-on begin to reflect badly upon the host.

Maybe we should remember what happened at the BN board?

Jim, you've handled all those human problems on this board extremely well (and also the technical difficulties).

The warning system was overly formalist, and logically people started to play with it. I'm glad this scary (even when at 0%) warning meter under the avatar is gone. Abusive members can be warned by personal message. But I hope this won't be necessary in the future

The warning system was overly formalist, and logically people started to play with it. ..... Abusive members can be warned by personal message.

Exactly. I was surprised when you guys veered off in this direction. If you have power, use it -- swiftly and justly -- and don't send mixed signals by constantly changing the playing field or your loyal subjects will get confused, start to question your true motivation and then quietly organize in order to make a move to take you down hard and install one of your 'brother' administrators who may very well have his eye on your job :P (you should hear the terrible rumblings that are percolating throughout the Northeast & Southwest quadrants of Ozissimoland). I'll send you a copy of "The Prince" to read over the holidays along with a spare box of Eagle ammo.

p.s. -- keep an eye on everyone who lives to the west, south and northeast of the locus of power in the known universe (D.C.), as well as the Europeans --- plotters all! :rfr

Jim,

I'm with you on this 1000%. Thank you for the great job you're doing. This IS the home for jazz.

On a related topic, I know this must cost you money. I can't speak for anybody else, but I'm more than willing to help out with defraying some of the costs.

Everybody here needs to realize that this board is a privilege, not a right. This is my board, my server space, my money, my time, and my rules. I've realized in the past week that you can't please all the people all the time so I'm just going to do things my way and if you don't like it you can hit the road.

... Oh man... WHY did I have to go and ask for a new board skin again? :g

But seriously, I agree with all of the above. Jim, keep up the good work, and THANK YOU for all you've done for us.