Saxophone for sale

I've been avoiding this day, but I can no longer play the tenor due to my weakening hands (I switched to alto a few years back). Selling my Martin Handcraft tenor saxophone, late 1940s. Beautiful-sounding horn, will go on ebay unless someone here is interested. Some tarnish, plays beautifully top to bottom.

This was the horn I used on sessions with Julius Hemphill, David Murray, Don Byron, Doc Cheatham, at the Knitting Factory and elsewhere. So it has a nice history. It blows very easily. I always used to a-b it with Mark VI's in the days when those were still relatively affordable, and I always perferred this baby. Not quite as easy an action as the Selmer's, but still fine, and with a sound that can't be beat.

$1150 plus shipping in the US of A. Paypal, alowe5@maine.rr.com.

just checking if there's any interest prior to Ebay. I'll probably have some pics by the weekend.

If a drum is a woman, then a tenor is that woman, the one that will eventually do anything you ask it to, the only thing asked in return being unqualified love and respect.

After a life like that, she is anything but innocent. Find her a good home or risk the Karmatic Konsequences!

(and, yeah, I'm laying it on just a little thick, but just a little...)