2010 MLB Season

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dodgers are such a incredible mess right now, to think, the idiots who run the team turn to burnouts from the Yankees, of all teams! for managers. I grew up a big Dodger fan, but the McCourts have turned me complete off anything Dodger. It use to mean something, the Dodgers, there was a Dodger Way, they always promoted within, there was a sense of pride wearing the blue, of being a Dodger fan. Now it's a joke. Peter O'Malley is complete right: The McCourts need to sell this team asap, and go back to the darn East Coast. Geesh, just the specter of the four McCourt sons running the team sends shivers down my spine.

The Dodgers are such a incredible mess right now, to think, the idiots who run the team turn to burnouts from the Yankees, of all teams! for managers. I grew up a big Dodger fan, but the McCourts have turned me complete off anything Dodger. It use to mean something, the Dodgers, there was a Dodger Way, they always promoted within, there was a sense of pride wearing the blue, of being a Dodger fan. Now it's a joke. Peter O'Malley is complete right: The McCourts need to sell this team asap, and go back to the darn East Coast. Geesh, just the specter of the four McCourt sons running the team sends shivers down my spine.

As a lifetime Dodger hater, I don't feel any loss for the ownership....but I do agree with O'Malley: The McCourts need to sell the team. If for no other reason than for the sake of baseball. Then they need to find fans who will actually show up to the games. Those Freeway Fans they have now show up in the 5th inning then leave in the 8th. That stadium should be packed during Giants vs. Dodgers games. But they aren't. Same goes for other marquee games. The seats behind HP, for example, are always empty or half full. It's pathetic.

And don't sell Torre short, Matthew. He took a nothing team, added Mannywood, then won two NL West titles with them. Now that Mannywood took his show and his attitude to Chicago, they are back to being a nothing team.

TBH though, if we could put the Dodgers hitters together with the Giants pitching staff....they would be absolutely unbeatable!

Edited by GoodSpeak

Wow. Nice comeback win by the Fightin's today. They scored 4 in the 9th, including a two run walk off by Werth, to complete a 3 game sweep of the Nats.

From ESPN....

Washington OF Nyjer Morgan invited the fan he was accused of hitting with a ball in August at Citizens Bank Park to the game, according to the Nationals public relation staff. Morgan gave the fan a free ticket behind the Nationals' dugout on Sunday. The two met before the game on the field and Morgan also brought him into the clubhouse to meet his teammates and coaching staff.

Nice job by Morgan but it seems a little over the top considering the incident was, ahem,"bogus".

My Gigantes are back in 1st place! :excited:

I really hope you're referring to the baseball team ;)

I am not looking forward to this big series with the Phils, Phil Phans...

You guys have 3 #1's going against us and we have....JJ. Jurrjens , who has sucked the last 2 starts, who also has a bad knee(Brandon Beachy may make his ML debut if JJ can't pitch! :eye: ) Then Mike Minor, who has something like 10 starts in the majors, then Tommy Hanson, a guy with little more than a year's experience in the big leagues...oh yeah, gotta love it...

How come your manager is smart enough to figure out how to have his best, most experienced starters lined up, while our HOF manager(Statistically one of the top 5 all time I hear stoopid stat heads say on tv) had Derrek Lowe and Tim Hudson pitch against the Mets??? Perhaps said HOF manager is really a maroon??? :rolleyes:

It really helped him to have 3 future iron men HOF'ers in the rotation all those years. And don't forget, Steve Avery was better than all of them come playoff time....people give Dusty Baker so much grief for what happened to Kerry Wood and Mark Prior, well check out how overworked Avery was early in his career....

Don't think Bobby Likes lefties...must have had trouble hitting them as a player...Look at what the dim bulb has done to the best arm on the team(according to Billy Wagner) Rookie Jonny Venters. 71 games so far, and he wasn't even with the big club the first two weeks of the season! Yeah he's good, 1.76 ERA. But, imagine if some rookie manager had pitched a rookie(ok he's 25, still he was a starter in the minors) or any pitcher in 3 straight games (4 out of the last 5) BEFORE the biggest series of the season! With no days off!!! They'd be calling him every name in the book. But, Bobby gets a pass...he won't be here next year. It will just be bad luck that will cause Venters arm to be sore next year so he can't be the next closer after all.

Just like it was bad luck that caused lefty Will Ohman do have serious arm troubles after leaving the braves in 2008.(After pitching in a career high 83 games) And more bad luck that struck lefty Mike Gonzalez this year after leaving the braves. Oh sure, he pitched in 80 games last year after never pitching in more than 54, but that had nothing to do with it...it was just his time...

Can you tell I really, really won't mind seeing another manager in the braves dugout next year??? :huh:

Can you tell I really, really won't mind seeing another manager in the braves dugout next year??? :huh:

Maybe La Russa can scoot over there. :lol:

Hey, for a year or two, I'd be ok with him! I'd rather see the pitcher batting 8th, than Jason Heyward batting 2nd for months on end...would you have your 2nd best home run hitter hitting 2nd?? Well, would you??? :huh:

And Brandon Beachy will make his MLB debut tonight.... Kenshin Kawakami, a guy who has beaten guys like DiceK and Roy Halliday in his career???? He's in Bobby's doghouse....for some reason....I guess for being unhappy for being taken out of the rotation after giving up 2 hits in 7 innings In late June, then not getting in any game for 3 weeks. WTF Kawakami??? Bobby is a HOF'er, don't question his brilliance! :crazy:

Edited by BERIGAN

You guys have 3 #1's going against us and we have....JJ. Jurrjens , who has sucked the last 2 starts, who also has a bad knee(Brandon Beachy may make his ML debut if JJ can't pitch! :eye: ) Then Mike Minor, who has something like 10 starts in the majors, then Tommy Hanson, a guy with little more than a year's experience in the big leagues...oh yeah, gotta love it...

How come your manager is smart enough to figure out how to have his best, most experienced starters lined up, while our HOF manager(Statistically one of the top 5 all time I hear stoopid stat heads say on tv) had Derrek Lowe and Tim Hudson pitch against the Mets??? Perhaps said HOF manager is really a maroon??? :rolleyes:

You know everyone in Philly has been talking about the pitching match ups and how seemingly lopsided they are in favor of the Fightin's. I don't understand why the Braves didn't look at the schedule a few weeks ago and move Hudson and Lowe. Maybe it will work out for them and they will take the next two vs. the Roys but I wouldn't put my money on that happening. Halladay has owned the Braves so far this season and even though he's pitched pretty poorly of late you have to expect him to have a bounce back game tonight throwing on an extra day of rest. As an extra incentive he'll be going for win #20 tonight. Wednesday is Oswalt, who has been lights out in August/September. And then you have to play against the big 3 again for the final 3 games of the season. Additionally, Lidge is starting to look more like 2008 again. He was throwing some nasty, filthy stuff last night. So the Braves have their work cut out for them.

Wahoo! Got to see Roy Halladay win his 20th tonight. I think that pretty much seals the deal for the NL Cy Young award. Not to mention the NL East. The Fightin's are 5 games up w/ 10 to play. Their magic number is 6. Oh and Oswalt is pitching tomorrow.

20 sure is harder to do nowadays. It seems you're a wee bit happier about Oswalt now too. ;) Haap pitched great for Houston vs. the Nats tonight, though he got screwed over by the bullpen. The things you notice thanks to playing fantasy, as otherwise who would notice such a matchup? Other than our friend It Should Be You. :)

Wahoo! Got to see Roy Halladay win his 20th tonight. I think that pretty much seals the deal for the NL Cy Young award. Not to mention the NL East. The Fightin's are 5 games up w/ 10 to play. Their magic number is 6. Oh and Oswalt is pitching tomorrow.

20 sure is harder to do nowadays. It seems you're a wee bit happier about Oswalt now too. ;) Haap pitched great for Houston vs. the Nats tonight, though he got screwed over by the bullpen. The things you notice thanks to playing fantasy, as otherwise who would notice such a matchup? Other than our friend It Should Be You. :)

Yeah, Oswalt has totally outperformed all of my expectations/fears. I'm totally on his bandwagon now. I just hope he can stay healthy.

Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels--that might be the best Big Three of any team that's bound for the playoffs this year.

Hamels is pitching better right now than he did in the 2008 post season. If he had pitched like this in the 2009 post season the Phillies could be going for a WS championship three-peat. Outside of his first start, Oswalt has been lights out in red pinstripes. Halladay is the question mark. I'm afraid that he is starting to run out of gas. I hope that the Fightin's can clinch before his next start so he can skip it and get some rest. He's leading the MLB in innings pitched this season. His ERA for September is 4.55. That's more than 2.00 runs higher than his ERA for the month of August.

That's great! I'm envious- it was rocking! I haven't been to CBP since April the first year it opened. I'm enjoying everthing from afar. I signed up in a drawing to win the right to buy playoff tickets.....we'll see. I was a season ticket holder from 1988-1992 (16 game plan) and the year I move down here they go to the WS. They are a scary-good team right now. Halliday will win the CY.

Hey- a free agent is finally doing well in Philly! I still have nightmares about Lance Parrish and Danny Tartabull.

Berigan- I'm a Phillies fan and I remember all those years when the Braves trotted out Smoltz, Maddox and Glavine and they killed us every year/ It's payback time!!

My whole family are Braves fans- this will be a fun series to watch!

Yep, payback time indeed!!!!

You know everyone in Philly has been talking about the pitching match ups and how seemingly lopsided they are in favor of the Fightin's. I don't understand why the Braves didn't look at the schedule a few weeks ago and move Hudson and Lowe. Maybe it will work out for them and they will take the next two vs. the Roys but I wouldn't put my money on that happening. Halladay has owned the Braves so far this season and even though he's pitched pretty poorly of late you have to expect him to have a bounce back game tonight throwing on an extra day of rest. As an extra incentive he'll be going for win #20 tonight. Wednesday is Oswalt, who has been lights out in August/September. And then you have to play against the big 3 again for the final 3 games of the season. Additionally, Lidge is starting to look more like 2008 again. He was throwing some nasty, filthy stuff last night. So the Braves have their work cut out for them.

Bobby Cox is just like Wile E. Coyote, he's a supppper genius, do not question him! :crazy:

I did see one argument, a weak one, but perhaps Cox thought it was a better idea to sweep the Mets than run the best pitchers with the Phils knowing the Phils still have a better offense, but that's giving Bobby way too much credit, IMO.