2010 MLB Season

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad outing for Cliff Lee today, after three complete games in a row, he only went eight innings for the win ;) . Whoever gets Lee (anyone but the Yankees please!) is getting a pitcher on the top of his game.

I'm sure the Yankees would love to land Lee, but they really don't have what the M's are after. I'm guessing he'll wind up in Minnesota. They've got a really good young catcher by the name of Wilson Ramos who, let's face it, isn't going to get much face time backing up Joe Mauer.

Bad outing for Cliff Lee today, after three complete games in a row, he only went eight innings for the win ;) . Whoever gets Lee (anyone but the Yankees please!) is getting a pitcher on the top of his game.

FWIW, Buster said today he didn't think the Yankees would be looking for starting pitching, but rather bench depth (kinda vague).

Rays take 3 of 4 from Twins. I am loving Sean Rodriguez at 2B. Great range, above average arm, and he has been getting sharper and sharper at the plate (.292 over the last 10 games, went 3-5 today). ... And how about my boy Joyce's pinch-hit granny last night?

Rays lead the majors in road wins but are one game over .500 at home this season, I believe. That has to change.

I love how the fans of the teams with the two best records in baseball keep trying to tell us they're in deep crap.

Yes, but there's nowhere to go from there but down! :ph34r::crazy: In any case, I think Dan really does have cause to be concerned--there's no denying that Boston's been hit with a slew of injuries, and it's amazing that they've been able to stay almost neck-and-neck with NY and Tampa Bay. With NY, it's more a case of, "Wow, the team looks so great on paper...on the field, maybe not so much." Heartening to see them pull it out today, though, after the rare blown save by Mo. What a weird game, all the way around--Gardner's inside-the-parker (brought on by Toronto's second misplayed ball in the sun in as many days), three Yankees getting thrown out attempting to move forward on fly balls, Mo's blown save, our break in the 10th when Encarnacion didn't run right away on his popped-up bunt (and A-Rod turned it into a double play), and Thames returning from the DL with a walkoff single. Dan's observations about Phil Hughes continue to hold--he is decidedly not pitching like a dominant starter anymore, much more like a .500 pitcher with a 4.50 ERA. Tex is finally starting to hit, at least. Tough road trip ahead before the All-Star break, what with the games against Lee and Hernandez, though.

Speaking of Cliff Lee and the Yankees--everything I've read indicates that they have no interest in trading for him right now, and much possible interest in signing him during the off-season (assuming Minnesota, the Mets, or whichever team he ends up on doesn't sign him to a long-term contract first). NY's starters are pretty much set for this year, but I think it's quite likely that we won't have either Pettitte or Javy come 2011.

Edited by ghost of miles

Watching the Orioles and Tigers play softball this afternoon. It's 7-6 Tigers in the bottom of the 2nd. :blink:

EDIT: Make that 8-6 and counting in the bottom of the 2nd. Wonder what the over-under was on this thing?

Orioles pitchers have combined for 80 pitches through 2 innings.

Edited by papsrus

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THAT CONTEMPTIBLE PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT MATSUSUCKA BE THE ONE TO GO ON THE FUCKING DL?????

Now the fucking asshole is on the bench and with this combustible bullpen to cover 12 outs, the game is over. And two days ago they reached their summit and there is no fucking way to go but down. They have a whopping four home games in their next twenty, and all of them will be with Billy Fucking Hall at second base.

Look out below.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T THAT CONTEMPTIBLE PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT MATSUSUCKA BE THE ONE TO GO ON THE FUCKING DL?????

Now the fucking asshole is on the bench and with this combustible bullpen to cover 12 outs, the game is over. And two days ago they reached their summit and there is no fucking way to go but down. They have a whopping four home games in their next twenty, and all of them will be with Billy Fucking Hall at second base.

Look out below.

Um.

Could you possibly work in the word "fuck" and all of its derivations a hundred more times? Just askin'. I just can't get enough of insanely limited monosyllabic and completely idiotic discourse.

:blink:

Edited by GoodSpeak

Could you possibly work in the word "fuck" and all of its derivations a hundred more times? Just askin'. I just can't get enough of insanely limited monosyllabic and completely idiotic discourse.

To be fair, "fucking" isn't monosyllabic.

Braden, other A's object to team's "Get off my mound" T-shirt

Braden is backed by teammates — from ol' lily liver Jack Cust, who worries about stirring up a hornet's nest by making A-Rod mad, to union representative Brad Ziegler), who claims every player in the A's clubhouse opposes the T-shirt.

So, what does A-Rod — who had mocked Braden and his "15 minutes" of ticking fame — think of the shirt? Well, it amuses him.

"I hope I get a cut [of the profits]," Rodriguez joked. Or half-joked anyway.

And at least one of A-Rod's Yankees teammates was wearing the T-shirt on Monday.

"I won't mention who it was, but he plays left of [Derek] Jeter," Rodriguez said, meaning Robinson Cano.

So, yeah, the Yankees are so offended.

:g

I was listening on the radio--great game for A-Rod, and for CC, too, who's finally overcome his Oakland Coliseum jinx. And a very nice ending to the whole "Get off my mound" saga as well, noted in today's NY Times:

A détente was seemingly reached in the Alex Rodriguez-Dallas Braden feud Tuesday, when Braden sent over what could be construed as a peace offering. Rodriguez received a “Get Off My Mound” T-shirt and a personalized poster commemorating Braden’s perfect game. According to The San Francisco Chronicle, Braden wrote, “Dear Alex, here’s the poster you requested. I think you’re right, it will look great over your mantel. .... I know you realize it’s all in fun.” Rodriguez signed 10 of those T-shirts to be auctioned off for charity. It is expected that Braden will also sign them. “It’s all good,” Rodriguez said. “It was really, really nice.”

To be fair, "fucking" isn't monosyllabic.

Of course. I stand corrected.

Perhaps monosyntactic is more to the point.

The Red Sox are the most banged-up bunch I've seen in a long time.

Youklis had trouble trotting tonight; couldn't pivot toward second after the pitcher threw to him on a Zobrist "steal." No throw.

Except for a couple of trouble spots, Price was dialed in really good.

Now, lets see if the A's can hold on to a 1-0 lead ... (:eye:) (:eye:) ... nope

Edited by papsrus

I keep hearing shit about "they'll be fine ... by August 10 they'll have their team back". What a fucking pile of shit that is. Any day now they will announce that V-Mart will NOT be ready right out of the chute for the second half. How do I know this?

He can't fucking put his goddamn broken thumb in his glove yet!

Which means that until that changes, their regular catcher is a guy hitting under .100 and on top of that looked as lost catching Wakefield as Varitek does.

You saw Youkilis and can see he's headed for the DL. "Ankle spasm" turns into "can't field the position and I have to take my cleats off every half inning in the dugout."

Can you say "disabled list"?

It is fucking over.