Does this look infected to you???

Hey gang,

For about the last month, about once or twice a week my PC has been resetting my default homepage (meaning the page that comes up when I launch Internet Explorer, version 6.0.2800.1106). Instead of my usual "Road Runner" page (which is my ISP), I get THIS page instead. AND, at the same time, I suddenly have a dozen or more new folders in my "My Favorites" dropdown list, each with 6 or 8 links to sites for every topic you can think of -- plus a dozen new links at the root level.

Does that maybe sound like I've got some Spyware on my PC??? I've got a decent firewall (ZoneAlarm 3.7.098, by ZoneLabs - the 'free' version), and my virus protection is NortonAntirus2001, version 7.07.23D - and I update the virus definitions pretty regularly, like once a week, or at least once every two weeks. (And I'm running Windows ME.)

What can I do to check and see if I picked up something nasty somewhere??? (Probably from some questionable link I got from www.fark.com :P )

Thanks in advance, for any advice anyone can offer. Much appreciated!!!

-- Rooster T.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Thanks!!!

Just got done running Spybot, and it found a WHOLE BUNCH of shit that needed fixing on my PC. After I let it do it's thing - now my PC runs noticeably faster, and I swear it even cleaned off the finger-smudges from my monitor!! Wow – THANKS EASTER BUNNY!!!!!

Seriously, thanks for the links and advice guys. Everything seems to be running much more betterer now. Much appreciated!!! :g

(Clinton - I’m running Windows ME, for what it’s worth.)