UPS and 'proof of delivery'

I just got an e-mail 'proof of delivery' notice that a package had been left at the front door. Nothing there, I checked. This happened a couple of months ago and when I phoned UPS, they said that the drivers sometimes plug in the data early and that the package would arrive soon. It did, about 30 minutes later....as I expect this one will. But what a crock this 'Proof of Delivery' nonsense.

Dear Customer,

This notice serves as proof of delivery for the shipment listed below.

:rolleyes:

USPS is even worse. I can't tell you how many packages I get w/ delivery confirmation that say they were delivered at 5:30AM and don't show up until a day or two later.

Check the delivery time on this one....

http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=03091140000094639195

It showed up two days later.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

a heavily afro caribbean accented gentleman just called me from UPS to make sure that someone would be able to sign for a package that is coming in a few hours. never had that happen.

and comparing our UPS guy to the abso nutso mailwoman who spends five minutes lashing packages around the mailbox with a cat's cradle of rubber bands is no contest.

A couple of times the guys of the shipping companies over here didn't left any advice leaflet in mailbox. The stuff went back to the seller after a week...and I payed the shipping two times. This happens within the EU, because when I got some stuff from US, particularly biggest parcels, I have to pay the custom duties. Actually when I have something of value shipping from abroad EU, I ask to the seller to declare at least 100 dollars, so I am sure that the guys of the shipping companies will be very prompt.

A couple of times the guys of the shipping companies over here didn't left any advice leaflet in mailbox. The stuff went back to the seller after a week...and I payed the shipping two times. This happens within the EU, because when I got some stuff from US, particularly biggest parcels, I have to pay the custom duties. Actually when I have something of value shipping from abroad EU, I ask to the seller to declare at least 100 dollars, so I am sure that the guys of the shipping companies will be very prompt.

You WANT to pay import duties?

(Faints)

MG

You WANT to pay import duties?

(Faints)

MG

Just the minimum (100$) so the shipping companies are eager to deliver in order to get 20%. I rely on the greedy of human being for a secure shipping when the goods are worth it.