March Madness

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NORTHERN IOWA BEATS KANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Paul ... congrats ... lot of long faces in your old neck of the woods!

Thanks Eric. Regardless of how much farther they progress, this was a huge victory for them. That said, I think they match up well w/Michigan State.

BTW, my bracket is pretty much demolished, but what the hell.

Edited by Free For All

Wow, great game between A&M and Purdue. Tough loss for the Aggies!

Sorry Erik! :(

Good matchup of two pretty evenly talented teams if you ask me. I think A&M should have prevailed, having the size and power game, but Purdue seemed to dictate the flow of the game once they had that big comeback in the 2nd half.

A couple of years ago I never would have dreamed the Aggies would have turned into a decent basketball team, so this is all gravy for me!

oh yeah, and STFU Conn!!

Wow..anybody else watching the Xavier-Kansas St. game? In double overtime right now.

That was a great game. Too bad somebody had to lose... especially the lower seed ;) ...and the team with a coach who doesn't constantly act like a jackass. :rolleyes: No offense to any KSU fans (and they're a very good team), but some of these coaches really rub me the wrong way.

Wow..anybody else watching the Xavier-Kansas St. game? In double overtime right now.

That was a great game. Too bad somebody had to lose... especially the lower seed ;) ...and the team with a coach who doesn't constantly act like a jackass. :rolleyes: No offense to any KSU fans (and they're a very good team), but some of these coaches really rub me the wrong way.

Great game!! Tood bad we fell asleep during the last overtime. Attended the A-10 tournament and watched Xavier lose to Richmond. Xavier is a good team. The K-State coach is intense to say the least.

This is the best tournament I've seen in years.

It's also official that John Calipari cannot coach a team to the title, no matter how good it is.

I haven't seen a lot of Kentucky this year, but man, they couldn't hit anything. And it looked like their bad shooting percentage (don't know the number, but I'm guessing it's pretty horrible) all stemmed from them having no - zero - none - nada - offensive schemes whatsoever.

They seemed intent on tossing the ball around the perimeter trying to -- I guess -- create some gaps in the West Va. zone but it never worked, and they never really did adjust. Couple of flailing drives inside that looked more like people running into a brick wall, but that was about it, looked like to me.

And when they did manage to set up a post play, they had trouble sinking two-footers.

Nice win for W. Va., but Kentucky ... man they laid an egg.

(not even mentioning the 2-for-a zillion three-point shooting effort).

It's also official that John Calipari cannot coach a team to the title, no matter how good it is.

I haven't seen a lot of Kentucky this year, but man, they couldn't hit anything. And it looked like their bad shooting percentage (don't know the number, but I'm guessing it's pretty horrible) all stemmed from them having no - zero - none - nada - offensive schemes whatsoever.

They seemed intent on tossing the ball around the perimeter trying to -- I guess -- create some gaps in the West Va. zone but it never worked, and they never really did adjust. Couple of flailing drives inside that looked more like people running into a brick wall, but that was about it, looked like to me.

And when they did manage to set up a post play, they had trouble sinking two-footers.

I still cannot figure out how that The 2007–08 Memphis Tigers team lost to Kansas in the final.

I still cannot figure out how that The 2007–08 Memphis Tigers team lost to Kansas in the final.

I thought Kentucky would come out after the half flying, but they didn't seem to make any adjustments at all. They looked as flat in the second half as they did in the first. They just had no half-court game to get the ball to the low post, where they should have dominated. And so, 8 zillion 3-point shots. Clang, clang, clang.

Coaching.

Gotta root for Baylor today now. :g

Butler's hometown berth in the Final Four got me in the mood to go looking for YouTube clips of one of the most memorable games I ever watched--the 1987 Indiana-Syracuse championship (I was living in Bloomington at the time, and the spectacle of this town celebrating a national championship in the streets and across the campus is something I'll never forget). Anyways, found this rather interesting timepiece:

The jazz introduction to the 1987 championship game

Plus:

Two-minute highlight reel of IU-Syracuse game

and of course:

Keith Smart "The Shot"

..."Nobody stopped the clock! Nobody stopped the clock!"

This is about the the worst thing I've ever seen in a newspaper. Never mind that you know it's going to be highly offensive, it's about as amateurish as it gets. They pulled it after 30,000 papers were already printed, but geez ... how on earth did anyone think this might be OK?

53075420.jpg