March Madness

I'll just start by congratulating my alma mater University of Northern Iowa for a big first round win against UNLV.

Next up for them is Kansas, though, soooooooo..... :unsure:

Also, Georgetown goes down to Ohio? Might be an interesting couple weeks here.....

I'm taking Kansas over Kentucky in the final. I'll probably be wrong, though. Usually am.

Go Florida State & Texas!

.....and Montana!

Edited by Free For All

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be happy if FSU wins once. I wouldn't have any idea what their bracket is or know anything about the rest of the field but while I should be happy that they made the tourney for the second year in a row I can't help feeling its yet another season of "good at times but never good enough". Their coach has them going in the right direction but I don't see them getting over the hump.

Duke is going to the Final Four.

Duke is perhaps the weakest of the 4 No. 1 seeds. I was happy when A&M ended up in the South with them. If they're on their game, I think A&M can beat them if they don't start looking past Utah State tomorrow and most likely Purdue after that. They have played Kansas well twice this season already, only to falter in the last few minutes.

...having said that, I've probably just jinxed them and they'll lost to Utah State tomorrow.

Edited by Aggie87

Great finish to the Wake/Texas game. Unfortunately, the 'Horns came up short. <_<

Some really good games today!

Some great games today, I agree!

Sorry about your Horns, Free. Barnes wasn't able to coach a very talented team this season, for whatever reason.

End of the first half and down by 16, FSU is playing like they don't want to be there. Glad I have to go a gig now and not watch anymore. :mellow:

So if they lose, all my teams will be out, unless Northern Iowa beats Kansas tomorrow! :lol:

So far many good games, hopefully it will continue to be an interesting tournament.

Not looking real good for FSU, Free... 51-38 Gonzaga with 9 min left.

They're showing the Okie State/Ga Tech game here, knotted up at 45-45 with 10 minutes left. Good matchup.

A&M looked pretty good against Utah State earlier this afternoon, hopefully they continue their momentum against Purdue, and then get to the next round in Houston, where they should have some decent fan support.

Not looking real good for FSU, Free... 51-38 Gonzaga with 9 min left.

They're showing the Okie State/Ga Tech game here, knotted up at 45-45 with 10 minutes left. Good matchup.

A&M looked pretty good against Utah State earlier this afternoon, hopefully they continue their momentum against Purdue, and then get to the next round in Houston, where they should have some decent fan support.

GO BIG RED!!!

I was at Cornell in the eighties when they lost to Arizona w/ Sean Elliott in the first round of the tournament by forty points. It feels good to see my alma matter finally get one win in the tournament. My life is now complete. Can I get greedy and hope for the Sweet 16?

Wild ending to the Miss State/UNC game today in the NIT! Couple of questionable ref calls (including a tripping foul that wasn't - the guy tripped over one of his own teammate's feet), but UNC made a great drive to the basket with 2 seconds left to win it.

NORTHERN IOWA BEATS KANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looked like Kansas probably waited a little too long to go to their full-court press.

I love a good upset, and seeing the excited faces of the underdogs as they get to advance. On the other side, it was sad to watch that one Kansas player who was so inconsolable that he wouldn't get up off the floor. Ah, the drama of the Big Dance. :):(

Edited by Jim R