Is Board degradation inevitable?

PFunkJazz

Following the closure of BNBB, the same sort of trolls and exhibitionistic fools which brought about its demise are threatening the integrity of the Organisissimo and AllAboutJazz BBs.

Is it inevitable that, given time, these psychos stumble upon a BB and infect it, so that the BB loses good and intelligent members, attracts more psychos and sooner or later is forced to close? Or can they be excised before the rot sets in?

The hardworking people who run this BB are I fear sticking their heads in the sand if they think they can contain the trolls and psychos. They might keep relatively low profiles for a while, but sooner or later they'll be back to their old tricks - because that's what they get off on.

Like Bev and Chris A, I'm going to leave this BB for a while. I'll check things out in a couple of weeks, and if things have improved, I'll return to posting. If they haven't, then I'm out of here permamently. Which would be a big shame for me - I've learnt so much from this BB and its members.

I have never commented upon Deep's posts, and I will not do so now. But if you want to keep up the quality of the board, continue to post about music. Don't spend your time posting about trolls. Every post mentioning the troll will have served his purpose.

I will now return to posting about music. Hopefully, so will the departed members.

Daniel has hit the nail on the head, but I must also share this statement from DEEP, taken from his "Olive Branch" thread:

I feel that the prudent thing to do is remain isolated on this thread.  Until the "IGNORE DEEP" option is instituted next year I deem it necessary to extend this courtesy to all my detractors here.

So there you have it, folks:

If Danny is true to his words, don't see the thread, don't see DEEP, until the "ignore" function is added to the software.

So where is the problem?????

Thanks, DEEP. :tup

Yep. We're all doomed. Death is inevitable. The board will collapse under the weight of it's own folly any second now. We're screwed. We're fucked. We're stripped, dragged through the mud and abandoned for dead. It's all over but the shouting. It was nice while it lasted, but it's all over now.

Might as well have a beer and listen to some tunes... ;)

I don't like DEEP or his posts, so I don't read them. I don't read any thread he starts. I think the Orginissimo guys have done a bang-up job of managing the board. If things get out of hand, I'm confident that they'll handle it. I certainly hope that Bev and Chris come back!

me too!

Probably the biggest threat to the quality of this board would be, ironically, massive international success for our band. Then you would get hundreds of people (young girls? ;) ) flooding the forums with all kinds of crazy stuff.

Outside of that, I'm confident that this board will keep getting better, as it says on the homepage. :tup

Probably the biggest threat to the quality of this board would be, ironically, massive international success for our band. Then you would get hundreds of people (young girls? ;) ) flooding the forums with all kinds of crazy stuff.

Is it possible to get hundreds of young girls to flood the forums without you guys going international?

If so, when do we get started? ;):P B)

Like Bev and Chris A, I'm going to leave this BB for a while. I'll check things out in a couple of weeks, and if things have improved, I'll return to posting. If they haven't, then I'm out of here permamently. Which would be a big shame for me - I've learnt so much from this BB and its members.

Sorry you're leaving, PFunk, but the board will continue fine without you. Your fears are unfounded in my opinion.

Hope you return soon.

Edited by connoisseur series500

"In tonights headlines, a strange man was arrested at a local high school after offering to show several young girls his 'organissimo'..." :lol:

:g:g:g

PFunk, please read my post concerning this very thing right here. I think you may agree that everything is hunky dorey. Rest assured that if things get out of hand, they will be dealt with swiftly and fairly.

"In tonights headlines, a strange man was arrested at a local high school after offering to show several young girls his 'organissimo'..." :lol:

High schools, come now. :rolleyes:

I'll have you know my search will start at various junior colleges and only strip clubs offering scholarships to various junior colleges. ;)

The Blue Note Board was proof that one girl is one too much - guess who? :P

Originally posted by PFunkJazz:

Like Bev and Chris A, I'm going to leave this BB for a while. I'll check things out in a couple of weeks, and if things have improved,

Geez, back in September, PFunk was locked in a titanic struggle with Albertson.....one calling the other a nazi look alike and the other firing back with armor-piercing "troll' rounds. What a difference a couple of months makes. :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen