Lenny Tristano?

chris

• 5 years later...

I'm in a hotel room 400 miles from home, watching/listening to Tristano's 1965 Copenhagen Concert on my iPod. I bought the DVD some time back, but never really explored it. I can't believe what I was missing. The opening "Darn That Dream" is just stunning - as amazing and astringent a reworking of a standard as Monk's "I Should Care." I've got everything issued by him except for the Betty Scott CD and some of the other 1965 European recordings, and I didn't think anything could make me think more highly of Tristano than I already did, but this concert does it.

• 9 years later...
  • 8 months later...

On 13.12.2019 at 1:21 PM, Gheorghe said:

Yes, that´s it ! 

And this is also interesting. Early Tristano from 1946/47 with 2 different bassists, and Billy Bauer on guitar. 

Unbenannt.png

https://www.discogs.com/Lennie-Tristano-A-Guiding-Light-Of-The-Forties/release/7728213

Yes looks good. Above is the link from Discogs

Thanks for the Info

BTW how can I delete the free space?

Thanks

Here are my "Tristrano's" issued  under Lennie's name + the one on that Capitol Classics.

Tristano,Lennie    Live at Birdland    1945-49    Jazz Records    1
Tristano,Lennie    The rarest trio/quartet sessions    1946-47    Raretone    5008
Tristano,Lennie    Stars of modern jazz (Carnegie Hall)    1949    IAIRC    20
Tristano,Lennie    Requiem    1955    Atlantic    1224
Tristano,Lennie    The Lennie Tristano Quartet    1955    Atlantic(2)    2-7006
Tristano,Lennie    Lennie Tristano "Requiem" (LP`s 1224/1357)    1955/61    Atlantic    27003
Tristano,Lennie    The New Tristano    1960    Atlantic(jap)    1357
Tristano,Lennie    Descent into THE MAELSTROM    1976    East Wind    8040
Tristano/DeFranco    Capitol Jazz Classics Vol 14    1949    Capitol(holl)    05280853

Edited by jazzcorner
wrong formatting

• 2 months later...

I also have this. But I know the Broadcasts still from the LP era, they were presented on Musidisc and Spotlite. 

Really fine Allstar Setting and yes, their comping behind the soloists is very interesting. And also behind Sarah Vaughan on that one track "Everything I have is yours".