just got Hank 1980: Tete Montoliu bonus track

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

just got this, the last known recorded example of mobley: oh god...i HOPE NOT...i would love to be proven wrong on that: Hank Mobley live in 1983 shows up one day, and id LOVE to tell you it isnt, but for all intensive purposes this is Hank of the eighties....there a bonus cd cut from the album sessions or around of, i guess, one track autumn leaves, Guest: Hank Mobley. you organsimos have sterred me off a cliff: "Ohhhhhh its hank in his twilight the shadow of a man that once used to be......ohhhhhhhhhhhh"................lemme set the record straight: i just heard it, and hank is excited.gifKILLIN' IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excited.gifexcited.gifexcited.gif

hanks tone, his hank sound, on this sounds fantastic- hank just kills it, he plays a rippin solo curse tete for not lettin hank blow on every cut

I used this track on a BFT. A lot of people missed it, iirc. And if you never heard, Aric, Hank's presence on this Montoliu session was like a "tryout" to determine if Steeplechase would be willing to give him his own date as a leader.

"Autumn Leaves" was the only track deemed worthy of release, and that came only in the CD age.

The name is Tete Montoliu, and it's "for all intents and purposes".

An old girlfriend of mine thought a chest of drawers was a chester drawers. She also though the game of chess was chest. Not my finest hour. Interestingly enough, she graduated from law school with honors and now writes and edits legal texts for law school instruction.

I used this track on a BFT. A lot of people missed it, iirc. And if you never heard, Aric, Hank's presence on this Montoliu session was like a "tryout" to determine if Steeplechase would be willing to give him his own date as a leader.

"Autumn Leaves" was the only track deemed worthy of release, and that came only in the CD age.

i will never buy another steeplechase album as long as i live