A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PATTY,

My gig went fine. The toughest part about my day was to stay sober for the drive.

The gig was in Ithaca, New York in an intimate French restaurant called Les Ducs.

I didn't juice after my nap and made the 25 mile trip to Ithaca without incident.

Went to Steve Brown's crib and had a couple Canadian Clubs, transfereed the bass to his short and rode the rest of the way with him. They fed us at the restaurant so I had venison marinated in gin plus a couple vodka martinis.

Hit at 9 and from then to midnight I only had a couple glasses of champagne.

Managed to get home without incident too but really watched myself. I got home around 1:30.

Today is the last day of the "wet season" and it isn't a day too soon. This last "wet season" has been rough. Gonna wind down today with a couple bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon. I'll also probably finish up what's left in this 1.75 liter of Philadelphia Blended Whiskey. My regimen is that whenever I awaken on Jan. 2nd the "dry season" checks in and that's it until July 4th.

Had fun at the gig. Just played jazz and the audience dug it. The guy wants us back a couple times a month but I'm not keen on performing for spectators so I'll have to think about it.

Have some wine today for me.

DEEP

Edited by DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Happy New Year to you both (party animals that you are!).

DEEP: how long does your wet season run? And do you pretty much stick to it?

I go through stupid and smart seasons myself. B)

Conn (a linguist),

My "wet season" runs from July 4th to Jan. 2nd.

My "dry season" runs from Jan. 2nd to July 4th.

I had to put my dog down the last week of June this past year so I jumped about a week early to ease the pain.

During the "wet season" I'm good for about a quart of liquor a day however it takes about two to three weeks to really "get my legs" back once I EJECT!!.

I never record during the "dry season" and I'm usually pretty loaded whenever I do recording sessions.

Don't drink much beer. Beer and pot are for children. I like hard liquor and hard drugs.

DEEP

Christiern knows my routine. By the time I rendezvous with him and Harold Z at the "murder bar" in NYC in July I almost (but not quite) have "my legs" back.

I will have to get back into the game quick this year because we're gonna record the Big Band Bloviation at Nola Studio for two days on Sept. 13th & 14th.

Jackie McLean has been discussed as a guest artist. We'll have this last one ready for release in February. It's a good thing that I stay "dry" for 6 months. It gives me time to prepare my next game plan. Thad Jones used to do the same thing....bag booze for a period of time and get things prepared. That is sort of what I do.....I get my head clear and prepare for the next assault...then when it's time to launch...I do my Admiral Farragut impressions....

..."DAMN THE TORPEDOS...FULL SPEED AHEAD".

DEEP

My "wet season" runs from July 4th to Jan. 2nd.

My "dry season" runs from Jan. 2nd to July 4th.

Equal time, huh?

Damn DEEP, you sure you can last six months of sanity?

During those torturous DRY Season days, may I recommend some hot tea? Put a dab of milk in in like the English do. The world will suddenly come to focus and all will seem right. :)

Conn (a linguist),

I've just awakened from sleeping off my afternoon drunk and it's 8 PM.

I've got time to get one more in before I awaken on Jan. 2nd.

Next post you read from me I'll be straight (but probably hungover).

Happy New Year.

DEEP

So, how's your head and how are you holding up so far???

I threw up my second bottle of wine during the night.

I sucked down a large glass of water laced with 5 tablespoons of Epsom Salts this morning.

Saw several friends "off to the coast" as a result.

In short: I've been purged.

Plan on perambulating this afternoon (once the bowels deem it safe to do so).

In further short: I DON'T DRINK !!

DEEP

a fleshy dependent process usually about the head or neck (as of a bird)

but I was refering to your arms.

DEEP

Isn't Pete La Rocca some distant relative of Nick D.J. La Rocca? I read somewhere years ago, maybe something by George Wetttling. That Nick was a major league asshole.

A well tanded wattle can be very erotic.

CLIT,

Pete LaRoca's real name is Peter Sims.

He changed it to LaRoca when he was working with some latin band.

DEEP

I don't drink.

I was thinking of "bat-wings" which are those really gross underarm dangly-skin things, which keep on waving goodbye, after the arm stops waving.

Ewww, gross!

DEEP: Quick, where's your bottle?

I'M GONNA START A WET SEASON!

edited for spelling

Edited by connoisseur series500