Problems with PM application?

ghost of miles

Anybody else having problems sending PMs today? I just tried to send one to a board member--first by clicking on "send a message" in his profile, but after writing the message I couldn't get it to send, despite numerous attempts. Then I tried "Compose new message" from my own messenger box, pulled his board handle up, and tried to send, whereupon I got an "internal server"/error 404 type message. :mellow:

There does seem to be a problem...

On my regular email box, I had a notification about a new PM waiting for me on Organissimo but when I opened the messages file I could not find it. First time this happened!

Could be that the sender deleted it before you had read it. In that case you still get a notification, which is sent within seconds after the sender has sent the PM, but you don't get a notification of the deletion.

Edited by J.A.W.

I've now tried sending the PM from my home computer to the same member and am encountering the same problem--once I hit "send" on the message, nothing happens. Didn't encounter this when I sent my test message to you, J.A.W.--I got the "message sent" pop-up with that correspondence, as I usually do. ?? Very puzzling...I'm using Firefox on both my home and work computers, but for some reason I am just not able to send anything to this board member (and he's not blocking his PMs).

Guest Bill Barton

No problems with PMs but it's really weird that I'm getting e-mail notifications of replies to a "private conversation" every time someone posts to the BFT 72 thread. WTF?

When I send PMs to certain members, there is a little box in the upper right hand corner with their name which reads BLOCK and some language that indicates that the message cannot go through. If I click on BLOCK it switches to UNBLOCK. I am still not sure that the PMs are going through. What is this BLOCK and UNBLOCK stuff all about?

When I send PMs to certain members, there is a little box in the upper right hand corner with their name which reads BLOCK and some language that indicates that the message cannot go through. If I click on BLOCK it switches to UNBLOCK. I am still not sure that the PMs are going through. What is this BLOCK and UNBLOCK stuff all about?

When you click on BLOCK, that particular member is blocked from communicating with you via PMs. Click on UNBLOCK and they can communicate with you again :)

Edited by J.A.W.