"PARALYZING" Snow Storm for the Mid-Atlantic States

Yesterday, I rushed to the supermarket for provisions. I wasn't going to get caught having to go out whilst this icy monster raged.

Today, I woke up, looked out my window, and counted no more than 234,986,000 snow flakes falling on Central Park. By the time I stepped out of the shower, there was not one flake in sight, and none have appeared since. I wonder how much all the sophisticated weather predicting gadgetry costs. :)

Like the man said, "another highlight reel goal." Ovechkin is a remarkable offensive talent. I just wish he had more (or any) of a defensive presence. He is kind of a cherry picker. This goal is a textbook example as you can see him circling the blue line waiting for an outlet pass while the rest of the play is down low. ...

Haven't watched him enough to comment on his defensive play, but he does lead the league in plus/minus rating with a +38 (at this writing). Opposing teams probably throw a low-scoring, checking line out there against him a lot of times, so that might be inflating his plus/minus number a bit. Dunno. But in a way, the threat he poses offensively IS his best defense. (as the old saying goes ...). The opposition has to account for him at all times, and having him play up high in his defensive zone might force them to back off a bit when they're attacking.

Anyways, hope all you folks who are snowed in find a way to try to enjoy it. Fire up some hot toddies.

I-95 is shut down. Traffic is stuck out there, mostly tractor trailers, who have no business being out there. 30" and counting.

30" over here in Herndon, VA.

Glad we have a fireplace and a shitload of wood. Power was knocked out for 48 hrs and we cooked everything in the 'ol 16" 'spider'. No county vehicles up here on the 45-degree hill until 2 hrs ago when they sent in 3 Bobcats to clear things out so that the next door neighbor -- who had a quadruple bypass on Thur -- could get back up here from the hospital. I think he was at the one where Murtha just died. :ph34r:

We have about 2 to 3 inches on the ground right now. There's been a bit of a lull the past few hours although that could change rather quickly as weather reports indicate. The winds have picked up with occasional gusts. Home for lunch right now. Gotten a large chunck of my mail route done already. If I can just get through the next 2 hours.

Edited by Tom 1960