Does your dog wrap him/herself up in his/her blanket?

My dog wraps himself up in his blanket so that he is entirely covered and the blanket is tucked in all the way around him. Or so that just his head is poking out. I have no idea how he does it. He's a staffie so not super clever. How unusual is this? (Guess I should post a pic...)

Edited by David Ayers

1 Please post a pic - my wife loves Staffies and wants to get one. I think they're more intelligent than you think.

2 Neither of our dogs (both deceased) wrapepd themselves in a blanket - we never gave them one :D

3 My stepfather's stepfather's dog used to do this - a mongrel. But he gave him a blanket.

MG

One of my dogs will get up on our bed and nose the blankets around until he's able to crawl underneath them. I wouldn't say he wraps himself up in the manner you describe, but he apparently accomplishes whatever goal it is that he set out to achieve. Ralphie is a Lab/Border Collie mix and very smart. This behavior is not consistent with anything else he does. Oh, one other thing. He only does this when Deb is in the bed, not me. As a matter of fact, I've never even seen him do this.

Does your dog wrap him/herself up in his/her blanket?

No.....but my cats do. Seriously. They are burrowing cats. :g

Actually, my parents owned a Chihuahua that rolled up under her blanket anytime it got cold.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Lucy, my dog, is mainly golden retriever, with a German shepherd head. My friend, Mr Monty Burns, arranged the surgery. ("That man at Radio Shack said I was mad!")

She is lovely. I'd upload a pic, but it's a hassle to do it.

Anyways, I have lots of lads sleeping over here (my son's mates) and Lucy sleeps on the bedding during the day, burrowed deep into it all.

My 11 year old Chihuahua still does it, just like when she was a puppy. In her own bed, in my bed, or wherever there is a blanket or sheet. Typical of the breed.

It can be pretty comical to watch. Her front legs and body flopping around while she pulls and fluffs. Every once in a while she squeezes out a fart in the process. :P

Our German Shepherd doesn't wrap herself up in a blanket, but she does sleep in the bed with us. It's not as crowded as it might sound, but I still keep thinking I'd like to upgrade from a queen- to a king-size mattress (we bought the current mattress before we got the dog).

My wife has mentioned upgrading more than a few times since the Yorkie and the Brittany/Golden share the bed with us. My usual response is if we do get the larger mattress, the third dog(Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier) would eventually wind up in the bed with us also.