ORGANISSIMO'S UPCOMING GIGS...

randissimo

At the suggestion of one of our members, I will be posting all of our upcoming calendar events for all to easily see...

Dec 11th, 9:00pm to 12:00am we're at New Holland Brew Pub, Holland, Mi. This is a fairly new room for us and a challenging one. The acoustics aren't the most favorable and the venue doesn't make any effort to advertise the music. In spite of that, we do get a few listeners once in awhile and the beer and the food's fairly good. We may just try our Zappa tunes out there.. B)

Dec 18th, 9:00pm to 1:00am, we'll be celebrating the 2nd annual Organissimo Christmas Party at Billy's Lounge, Grand Rapids, Mi. (for details go to home site- calendar events).. We will be featuring tenor sax man John Gist and this event will be combined with WGVU's Jazz Nite. The 9:00pm set will be broadcasted live @ 88.5 in West Michigan..

Every Tuesday in January, we'll be jammin' at Founders Brew Pub, Grand Rapids, Mi. from 9:00pm to 1:00am. They have great beers there and we have a loyal following, and I'm sure we'll be seeing the Boogaloo Sisters occasionally in the house! :rolleyes:

If we do well in January, they will extend us into February and beyond..

Feb 6th, we will be at the Firefly in Ann Arbor, Mi. 9:00 - 1:00am.. We'll be making our big debut there.. It's a great place to play and it's a real jazz club! :tup

Edited by randissimo

Feb 6th, we will be at the Firefly in Ann Arbor, Mi. 9:00 - 1:00am.. We'll be making our big debut there.. It's a great place to play and it's a real jazz club! :tup

Bringing a horn on this date?

I'll definitely be there either way. Got a website or something, Randy-O? I don't know where the Firefly is exactly.

I hope you guys get a gig the weekend after Christmas. I'll be in Lansing and would love to finally catch a set or two.

If possible and if it wouldn't be inconvenient, consider stopping by in Toledo, Jim D. If we have enough time, I could take you to either Ann Arbor for cds or Detroit for books.

Let me know,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you guys get a gig the weekend after Christmas. I'll be in Lansing and would love to finally catch a set or two.

If possible and if it wouldn't be inconvenient, consider stopping by in Toledo, Jim D. If we have enough time, I could take you to either Ann Arbor for cds or Detroit for books.

Let me know,

Paul

I'd love to, but I'm afraid I won't have the time to make it to Toledo this year. We're hardly going to have time to visit our families this year as it is. Hopefully, we'll be moving closer to home in 2004 when my job ends. Maybe next summer we can hook up and finally do some book and record shopping. :tup