Dizzy Reece "Soundin' Off"

Soul Stream

Rooster-Ties: Or has this been released as a JRVG (though I hate those mini-LP format releases).

I disliked the mini-lp's at first too, they are definitely a PIA to remove from and replace in the sleeve, compared to CDs in jewel cases.

But they have grown on me- the exact replica of lp's are kind of nifty, and they sure do take up less space on my CD shelves. This is becoming more and more of an issue. I constructed a home-made unit last winter that hold about 800 CDs(the nicest piece of furniture I've ever made, which isn't saying much actually) and it is almost full.

You gotta get all the Dizzy you can find from that era...great stuff. I am still partial to BLUES IN TRINITY (the opening cut alone is worth it) and COMIN' ON, which is one of the more remarkable pieces of vault mining in recent years. As much as I like SOUNDIN' OFF and STAR BRITE, which is a lot, they pale in comparision to those two dates in my view because they are more of the mainstream mold of the era, less quirky and adventurous. You get Dizzy's full compositional genius on the first two.