Lee Morgan/Live at the Lighthouse

ATR

I can't answer your question (I grew up in the CD era...), but there was some discussion about it before, maybe it helps finding out?

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=659

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=11184 (this is about the Fresh Sound disc, the BN might be discussed as well... threads often get derailed here...)

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=487

The best of the batch were on the original 2-LP release, but the rest are very good, including "The Sidewinder." I like the 2-CD Fresh Sound Lighthouse material even better.

That 2 cd set was mislabelled, and is actually from the Both/And Club in San Francisco. I think Belden goes into the story behind this in the legit release's liner notes.

The best of the batch were on the original 2-LP release, but the rest are very good, including "The Sidewinder." I like the 2-CD Fresh Sound Lighthouse material even better.

That 2 cd set was mislabelled, and is actually from the Both/And Club in San Francisco. I think Belden goes into the story behind this in the legit release's liner notes.

Belden does mention that in the liner notes. I believe Bennie Maupin may have mentioned Both/And.

However, there is some evidence that the Fresh Sound is as advertised (similar sounding piano, Howard Rumsey credit), but not from a night recorded for Blue Note. It's in one of threads referred to above.

This past summer I visited the Lighthouse for the first time. It ain't what it used to be -- jazz only on Sundays. While I was there I was imagining Lee Morgan and his group playing there -- that must have been an awesome group to see in person!!

Get the 3 CD Box -- IMHO some of the best live jazz on record!!!

This past summer I visited the Lighthouse for the first time. It ain't what it used to be -- jazz only on Sundays. While I was there I was imagining Lee Morgan and his group playing there -- that must have been an awesome group to see in person!!

Get the 3 CD Box -- IMHO some of the best live jazz on record!!!

Amen ! Ive had this box since 1996 and its been worth every cent.

Last time I was in the Lighthouse, also on a Sunday for brunch, I was thinking the same thing - the wooden stage must be original although its in a different location within the room I think (I recognised the acoustic properties).