Last Chance: Dizzy Reece Select

J.A.W.

crap - they feghed up and sent me the Witherspoon single instead of the Reece select!!!

Seems the Reece is now gone... I just ordered another one somewhere else - fegh fegh fegh!!!!

My shipment has been stuck in customs for bloody weeks now. So I wouldn't even know if I got the right one.

Seems like they have two people working there to battle the Christmas rush.

That would be twelve thousand packages per person per day.

[Edit: And two forms, two letters and five phone calls per package.]

That's Germany for you.

Edited by neveronfriday

crap - they feghed up and sent me the Witherspoon single instead of the Reece select!!!

Seems the Reece is now gone... I just ordered another one somewhere else - fegh fegh fegh!!!!

Yikes ! :o

Seems that someone at Mosaic was thinking about 'Reece Witherspoon' instead of 'Reese Wetherspoon' (sorry ubu, couldn't resist :P ).

The Dizzy Reece Mosaic Select sounds great, by the way !

And may I recommend the Tony Williams as an alternate, if you don't already have it?

Ï'd have gone for the Paul Chambers... but they already seem to have processed a refund and told me to keep the Witherspoon as a gift (Captain Reese James?)

No shipping confirmation for my amazon order yet, but I keep hoping...

My shipment has been stuck in customs for bloody weeks now. So I wouldn't even know if I got the right one.

Seems like they have two people working there to battle the Christmas rush.

That would be twelve thousand packages per person per day.

[Edit: And two forms, two letters and five phone calls per package.]

That's Germany for you.

Those two guys are covering the UK and France too.. ;)

Ï'd have gone for the Paul Chambers... but they already seem to have processed a refund and told me to keep the Witherspoon as a gift (Captain Reese James?)

No shipping confirmation for my amazon order yet, but I keep hoping...

Hope it comes through OK - I'll keep a look-out in London today just in case you need a set.

Thanks Bob!

In the very worst case I'd hang on to my Conns, the TOCJ and look for some japanese edition of "Soundin' Off"...

There are still a few acceptably priced (but quite higher than Mosaic) copies on offer at amazon... haven't gotten a shipping confirmation, the order is "en course" since ten minutes after I put it in. Hope that's not a bad sign.

It's not quite as bad with Swiss customs, alas, but I guess they now need to search additionally for hidden minarets in larger packages... :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe that this Mosaic Select, which I bought about 2 seconds before it disappeared, might possibly have been the best reissue I bought in 2009.

And it has A LOT of stuff .... Beatles (mono and stereo), Fitzgerald (Hollywood), Peterson (Duos), Radiohead (complete), Chopin (complete), Mozart (piano works) ... and much, much more (rather eclectic) stuff to compete with.

I'm lovin' this set.

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup

I don't have the Jasmine/Progress stuff yet (aren't there two Dizzy Reece discs?), but the Duke Jordan album is indeed great (and also the place I first heard Reece).

There's however another one that should not be overlooked for sure!

121950.jpg

Asia Minor (Prestige/OJCCD)

Line-up: Dizzy Reece, Cecil Payne, Joe Farrell, Hank Jones, Ron Carter, Charlie Persip