Last Chance: Dizzy Reece Select

J.A.W.

No, it went straight to last chance - I just ordered one.

You know, this is funny... my first post ever, back on the old BNBB, was about the Reece select... Mosaic spread the news that they would start release these smaller 3CD sets, and I sent them a mail suggesting a Reece Blue Note Select. So they answered something along the lines "yes, that might be a possibility", and a while later, there it was... of course I wouldn't consider my mail having had any influence, but I really want to buy this one, finally, although I've got all but "Soundin' Off" on single discs by now. Has "Soundin' Off" been reissued as RVG or not?

"Soundin' Off" is the only material I'm missing as well.

I just can't afford the cost of the import right now, much as I think I'd like it. And, since I have the rest of the material, I can't justify buying the Mosaic either.

Hopefully I'll run across a new copy of the CD at a decent price one of these days.

For anyone who does not own a lot of Reece's stuff, the Mosaic is definitely a recommended purchase. Good stuff!

Just placed an order for the Reece - I thought I already had it, but apparently not. I was getting it confused with the Carmell Jones !

For shame! :o

Yeah, my Tempo EP should be confiscated for that transgression ! :blush2:

you do have my address, don't you? :excited:

There's a UK export ban on it :D

(although maybe we could do an exchange deal for a wagon full of Toblerone or Lindt Milka) :excited:

Edited by sidewinder

I just can't afford the cost of the import right now, much as I think I'd like it. And, since I have the rest of the material, I can't justify buying the Mosaic either.

Hopefully I'll run across a new copy of the CD at a decent price one of these days.

For anyone who does not own a lot of Reece's stuff, the Mosaic is definitely a recommended purchase. Good stuff!

In fact the most recent version of this title (TOCJ 8585) seems to be not so expensive, and recently released so easy to find. I've only heard the JRVG so I can't vouch for it or indeed for any of these TOCJ 8000 series. Has anyone bought any of these?

Edited to add link to full list of available TOCJ in release order on hmv.co.jp. Others may find this interesting.

Edited by David Ayers

In fact the most recent version of this title (TOCJ 8585) seems to be not so expensive, and recently released so easy to find.

Thanks for the comment. I went back and looked around, and there do indeed seem to be copies that are considerably cheaper than the last time I looked. I'll have to pick one up!

In fact the most recent version of this title (TOCJ 8585) seems to be not so expensive, and recently released so easy to find. I've only heard the JRVG so I can't vouch for it or indeed for any of these TOCJ 8000 series. Has anyone bought any of these?

Edited to add link to full list of available TOCJ in release order on hmv.co.jp. Others may find this interesting.

A Japanese contact told me that the TOCJ-8XXX series uses the same 24-bit masterings as the TOCJ-6XXX series from the early 2000s, but don't take my word for it. I bought and subsequently sold many of those TOCJ-6XXX CDs; they sounded harsh and very loud to me, with reduced dynamics.

I can get on with the 6000s if only because I want the titles! You're right that they are loud, maybe no more than the typical (J)RVG and certainly not as uneven from title to title as those turned out to be. The JRVG of Soundin' Off is one of the later and better ones, I feel, but again I am probably influenced by the fact it is the only source I have for that music.

• 3 weeks later...

crap - they feghed up and sent me the Witherspoon single instead of the Reece select!!!

Seems the Reece is now gone... I just ordered another one somewhere else - fegh fegh fegh!!!!

Yikes ! :o

Seems that someone at Mosaic was thinking about 'Reece Witherspoon' instead of 'Reese Wetherspoon' (sorry ubu, couldn't resist :P ).

The Dizzy Reece Mosaic Select sounds great, by the way !

And may I recommend the Tony Williams as an alternate, if you don't already have it?

Edited by sidewinder