Stacy Rowles RIP

Ken Dryden

all i have heard is that she was in a car accident recently, received treatment in a hospital and was sent home to recuperate. there is unverified talk about her dying as a result of undiagnosed damage received as a result of the accident. extremely tragic and sad news, indeed!

Hmmm....inadequate medical care? Reminds me of Johnny Hodges' death in a dentist's chair.

Stacey was a very fine singer as well as flugelhorn/trumpeter. And a lovely person....

I'm totally devastated by this terrible loss. Stacy and I have a lot in common - our fathers were dear friends and musical brothers. Jimmy was part of the Nocturne Records rhythm section with Harry Babasin and Roy Harte. Stacy and I were born in the same year and have continued the artistic legacies our father's started sixty years ago. The contributions given to the jazz world by the Rowles' will always be remembered in west coast jazz history...

My deepest condolences to the family...