Sports: 2009/10 NBA & NCAA Basketball Season

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How great would it be if Orlando comes back and wins the series after being down 3-0??? 93 NBA teams before them have been in the same situation and all of them came up short. Can you imagine the teeth gnashing that will take place if both the Bruins and the Celtics choke 3-0 leads in the same season??

How great would it be if Orlando comes back and wins the series after being down 3-0??? 93 NBA teams before them have been in the same situation and all of them came up short. Can you imagine the teeth gnashing that will take place if both the Bruins and the Celtics choke 3-0 leads in the same season??

oh now now ... just this week Dice K was anointed the billion dollar pitcher and savior of the season only to toss 1-K tonite.

if the Celts lose tomorrow they might as well set the Charles afire and change the name to Cleveland! (and I been there thru the red right 88, the drive, the Modell moving and storage and the latest bunch of old ladies that had a knitting party with Lebron serving tea cakes a couple weeks ago.)

... and that first elbow was a slip from helping up Pierce ... Gortat should get a tech for being a pussy.

Baby out w/ a concussion, Wallace w/ back and the fact that Rondo was on the cover of SI this week is more than enough worry!! :rfr

throwing this old Boston Cleveland guy at the top of the key might help

scan0018.jpg

Somebody help me out here. Big Baby suffers a 'concussion' and is cleared to play a couple of days later? A concussion?

Actually paid attention to Game 5 and it seemed to me the C's were really trying to play physical. All it got them was three injured players and two "concussions." And another 'L.'

I was actually rooting for them after they eliminated the Cavs, but after watching that Game 5, nah-ah. Although, it would be interesting to see how LA (or Phoenix) responded to that 'physical' schtick.

i picked orlando to win the championship

i hope they can beat boston tonight

Nice to see you back!

Saw the Suns-Lakers game in a bar last night people were revved up. Lots of Laker haters in the area from when Portland & LA were in the same division. You can redraw the divisions but not old animosities. :) There was one huge (both tall & wide) very vocal Laker fan, so the back & forth between him and the crowd was something else. As was the final 4 minutes of the game. I hope the Suns can take it to a game 7 and make it another exciting one.

• 2 weeks later...

I only saw the last 5 minutes of the game. I wanted LA to win badly. It's not that I like them(Kobe is a great player but a chump off the court)but I just detest the Celtics. I have no rational reasons as to why I do it's just that I have always disliked them. Though I loved Havlicek. Oh and Red Auerbach once gave me his autograph while smoking a cigar on a flight, which was way cool. But I digress.... Anyway I thought the Lakers got the benefit of almost every call in the last 5 minutes of the game. The one really bad call that I will always remember was the non-call on Gasol with about a minute to go. He was under the basket trying to take a shot and when he went up got his shot blocked. As he came down he managed to get off another shot but it looked to me in real time that his feet were on the floor. The shot went in. Replays showed his feet were clearly on the floor before the ball left his hands. Horrible non-call - not as bad as Ron Joyce's from a few weeks ago - but pretty bad and possibly a game changer.

Anyway... the Sixers made a weird trade yesterday. Sending Sammy D's expiring contract to Sacramento for Spencer Hawes(he of really bad knees) and Andres Nocioni. Nocioni is 30 and scheduled to make $13 million total over the next two seasons. His skills are diminishing and he was arrested for DUI this past season. Ugh. Hawes is in the last year of his rookie contract but I wondering how much he'll be able to play. He had season ending surgery his right knee a few weeks ago. He already had major surgery on his left knee in college. I'm just hoping the Sixers will do the smart thing and draft Evan Turner. However, knowing their track record in the draft I'm sure they'll blow it - again.

The one really bad call that I will always remember was the non-call on Gasol with about a minute to go. He was under the basket trying to take a shot and when he went up got his shot blocked. As he came down he managed to get off another shot but it looked to me in real time that his feet were on the floor. The shot went in. Replays showed his feet were clearly on the floor before the ball left his hands. Horrible non-call - not as bad as Ron Joyce's from a few weeks ago - but pretty bad and possibly a game changer.

HUGE! non-call that should have been up for review, but ... blah blah.

Great championship series and a great post season all around.

The fact that the Celts could not put it in from underneath when they realized they actually have to make jump shots along with that Gasol >Seinfeld "Newman" smiley< hopskotch was a depressing end.

I used to like the Lakers when they had guys named Happy. ;)

Man, there's so many bad calls throughout a game it's tough to put too much weight on any one of them. I will say the refs clearly had an agenda, in every game.

Worst game the Lakers played all year, save the run that got them the lead in the 4th. Stifling defense from the Celts, who never showed an ounce of quit.

The Lakers are my team and have been my whole life, so I'm stoked to see them get another title. I have little doubt the Celtics would have won had Perkins not gotten injured. Condolences, Boston fans! That was an unlucky break.