Bill Evans Box Sets on Amazon $23.97

Tjazz

The Bill Evans Album is out again, at least over here in Yurp, in a cheapo edition, regular jewel case but just a one-fold booklet with bare-bones infos. It's part of a whole series (including albums by Duke and Miles and Brubeck... some silly cheapo series designed for casual buyers, I guess), that comes with a beige frame around the cover:

61+le1kL3xL._SS400_.jpg

I agree about Piano Player - it's worth having only for that Rosie movement!

In general though I'd say these two Columbia discs are but a footnote in Evans discography.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was unhappy when I discovered the use of real rust on the Verve Evans set. My father gave me a tip: clean it with Comet. That seems to have slowed the rust's progress considerably.

I hope the bozo who conceived the package is out of the CD design business for good, along with the nut who designed the Charlie Christian long box.

Apparently, the person responsible for that Verve gem pulled a career switch and went into the automotive design business. This one just rolled off the assembly line in late September.

2008_BugRun_016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Zweitausendeins had the Evans Riverside set for about $20 a few years back. That was a genuine deal and I picked up a copy. I'd already heard a lot of it years ago, but there was some new stuff too.

Ah, the days of the Zweitausendeins box set sale! I still haven't finished working my way through all those sets...

Ha ! Your not the only one - I only got a couple of CDs into the Evans 'Fantasy' set and really must get to grips with that one. Sure do miss those great Zweitausendeins deals (hit its peak with the Universal Mosaics at about 35 Euros each - Eldridge, Tal, Mulligan Concert Band, Jazztet). We'll never see anything like that one again.

Well it is zweitausendneun now, lol.