Turducken

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, this is the first time I've heard about this exercise in excess. A stuffed chicken is put in a duck which is put inside a turkey. :o Sort of the culinary version of those Russian nesting dolls. Why not put an egg inside a baby bird and put that inside the chicken, and then put the turkey inside an ostrich? And then eat it on a plane?

Plus, I'm a little leery of any food that has the letters T-U-R-D in its title. :blink:

OK, who's tried this? Fess up! :w

Fwiw, It probably can't be cooked all at once. If it is, the turkey'd be dry or maybe even burned by the time the chicken got cooked; for sure by the time the stuffing got cooked. Otherwise there'd be a pretty good chance of getting salmonella and stuff.

Impractical.

I saw it prepared and eaten on the cable show on which the guy eats unusual foods from around the world--he had it at a small Southern restaurant which specializes in it. He said that it was delicious, the way that they prepared it.

I have read that turducken has a truly incredible amount of fat and other unhealthy aspects to it, at levels which would ordinarily be difficult to attain in a full day of eating.

Hey now, I'm thinking this - why limit the concept to just fowl? Why not go four-footed & wingless, huh?

Imagine - go grab a pig, stuff it inside a lamb, and then stuff that inside a cow.

Pormutteef!

Why stop there? First, you ductape a gerbil........gerducpormutteef!

And then you do the Hokey-Pokey, because that's what it's all about.

Hey now, I'm thinking this - why limit the concept to just fowl? Why not go four-footed & wingless, huh?

Imagine - go grab a pig, stuff it inside a lamb, and then stuff that inside a cow.

Pormutteef!

On that cable show where the guy eats unusual foods from around the world, he visited Ecuador, where the delicacy for centuries has been guinea pig cooked over an open fire. He said that it tasted much like a good pork loin, and was delicious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Pormutteef!

On that cable show where the guy eats unusual foods from around the world, he visited Ecuador, where the delicacy for centuries has been guinea pig cooked over an open fire. He said that it tasted much like a good pork loin, and was delicious.

I tried guinea pig (cuy in spanish) in August when I was in Peru. Truly tastes just like chicken. Could definitely be the innermost filling--not a lot of meat. I'd definitely be sick though. haha.

Always great to see the good ol' turducken thread again. Must be getting closer to the holidays! :party:

Yep. Once the turducken thread shows up, you know it's time to winterize everything! :lol:

Somehow I missed it last year; I'll be picturing a generic folk singer warbling Jim's "I gave my love a turducken" lyrics all day... :ph34r: