The future of flying???

BERIGAN

'Sure the passenger can choose a flight facing forward in a traditional seating position, but he or she will have to pay more for the luxury.'

Being crammed into tourist/economy class seats with the person in front of you a mere 8" away (or closer when they recline), and your knees banging into the seat is considered a luxury?? :crazy:

I guess it depends on how you feel about leg room. Seems like it would be plentiful in this configuration. Having said that, I don't fly very often, but the idea of staring into someone's face for even five minutes is not my idea of a good time. Plus, it might encourage small talk which is one thing I have no interest in doing on a plane, or anywhere else.

Up over and out.

I dunno. It all depends on how cheap it would make flying. If it would allow me to say, fly somewhere I wanted to go for $50 round trip, I might sign on. I certainly wouldn't pay any more for that. And I wouldn't touch a flight of more than an hour or two. As far as small talk goes, I learned how to handle that on buses years ago; you just look deranged. Works like a charm, unless you run into someone who actually is deranged and they decide you're a fellow genius...