Disturbing Story, Spit-Take Headline

JSngry

If he's nuts, sooner or later he'll find his way into the political forum....so keep your eyes peeled!!! :crazy:

I have never been in a half-way house - they don't have any for Nigerian royalty like me -

though I have thought of starting a half-way house orchestra -

Edited by AllenLowe

If he's nuts, sooner or later he'll find his way into the political forum....so keep your eyes peeled!!! :crazy:

I have never been in a half-way house - they don't have any for Nigerian royalty like me -

Hey, sounds like you're in the same boat as this woman! Maybe she ('the king') can help you find a job? At a minimum, you two should form a support group......or go and get married and become her queen?

PH2009091503551.jpg

Peggielene Bartels stands in the atrium of the Embassy of Ghana in Northwest Washington, where she has worked since the late 1970s. She is also king of Otuam, Ghana.

Secretary by Day, Royalty by Night

Embassy Worker Remotely Rules a Ghanaian Town

By Paul Schwartzman

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The king folds her own laundry, chauffeurs herself around Washington in a 1992 Honda and answers her own phone. Her boss's phone, too.

Peggielene Bartels lives in Silver Spring and works as a secretary. When she steps off an airplane in Ghana on Thursday, arriving in the coastal town her family has controlled for half a century, she will be royalty -- with a driver, a chef and an eight-bedroom palace, albeit one in need of repairs she will help finance herself.

"I'm a big-time king, you know," said Bartels, seated at her desk at the Ghanaian embassy just off Van Ness Street NW, where she has worked for almost 30 years.

In the humdrum of ordinary life, people periodically yearn for something unexpected, some kind of gilded escape, delivered, perhaps, by an unanticipated inheritance or a winning lottery ticket.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9091503393.html