Wish me luck!

I'm not really the self-aggrandizing sort; quite to the contrary, I'm shooting this message just to get one or two positive vibes from afar, because I'm gonna need everything I can get to make it across that finish line!

This will be my third--Seattle in 1999 and Philly last year.

Hopefully you guys will be around tomorrow after about 3.5-4 hours to share a virtual cold one! :wub:

I shall keep myself mentally occupied by listing all of the BN 1500/4000 series in reverse numeric order (including session data, naturally)... :lol:

Peter,

You have my positive vibes and enormous respect that you've run marathons. :tup

My running is limited to mad dashes after fuzzy yellow balls :g

Actually, though, I made an awesome "get" a couple of nights ago, coming from way behind the baseline to cover a drop shot and hit a winner-it was so surprising that my opponent (who played soccer professionally in Brazil) said, "man, how did you get to that ball? You surprise me sometimes, man!" Made my day. B)

As I am sure completing the marathon will yours. Good luck!

That's GREAT Peter! Good luck! That is so great!

I was training for the Disney marathon in January (my first), but I had to pull out for a couple of reasons. I got up to 14 miles while training, but fell and turned an ankle. Perhaps it was a bit ambitious to go from doing practically nothing, to running a full marathon. My body was really fighting me. Now I am almost ready to start again, and am going to run a half here in Nashville in April, then hopefully do my first full in Chicago next October.

Sorry to go off topic, but did Chuck just use a smilie????

When did that start? Did hell freeze over? Are pigs now flying? :o

Of course not; you're imagining things...there's no smilie in Chuck's post!

Peter, I wish you the best in this. Running a marathon has been a dream of mine for a couple of years, which is pretty silly for someone who really needs to drop 70 or 80 pounds before his knees could even take a little training. But I'll make it some day; lead the way!! :tup

Amazing stuff! Congratulations!! :tup

(I once had to run to catch the bus so I too know of the loneliness of the long distance runner. :w )

That fits me well, too!

Congratulations, Peter!

(I did some sports when I was young - well, I still consider myself young, but... somehow the "no sports" thing is the only common denominator to be found between Mr Churchill and the humble king...)

ubu