Lock Your Doors?

JSngry

2009%20NNO.jpg

So...you're gonna be hangin' outside on the street, it's not dark yet, there's gonna be cops everywhere, and you need to lock your doors?

In Plano? Where the cops keep replacing squad cars with SUVs so they can write you your speeding tickets for doing 50 in a 45 in luxurious splendor? You need to lock your doors?

That's just nuts.

Seems reasonable to me to lock the doors when leaving the house far enough not to have a constant eye on it.

It would be embarrassing for the police if burglars entered the homes through the unlocked rear entrance (or even the front) while the owners are invited by the police to spend their time in the street.

Edited by Claude

Seems reasonable to me to lock the doors when leaving the house far enough not to have a constant eye on it.

It would be embarrassing for the police if burglars entered the homes through the unlocked rear entrance (or even the front) while the owners are invited by the police to spend their time in the street.

Dude...in most of Plano you could maybe get in under those circumstances, but getting out with some loot without calling attention to yourself would be pretty hard...this is a community very much built with the suburban "grid" style. Alleys behind every house, not a big lot of space between houses...if you're looking (and I assume that some cops will be looking and not just hanging out), you can pretty much see everything that goes on outside of the fences, including breaking in or leaving.