US Open

Gulbis was ranked number 4 last august, how did he do that, informatic piracy ? Trying to dig out results that make him go up to that ranking. Regarding the match , it was a typical game between a great and a good player. Good player gives all he can handle at the beginning but fails to capitalize and then his game becomes more erratic, great player has an easier time.

Are you sure you meant Gulbis? He was ranked 53 last August, while Murray was ranked 4.

That would make more sense. Checking the USOpen site to check out the info. Ok now i see , i misread the date for the rankings :w

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/players/overview/atpg858.html

Under the line high rank date for singles, i thought they meant the rank 4 for august 2008, when they meant he obtained his best ranking august the 4th. Doh !

Figured you just misread it. ;)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since good results involving fellow countrymen happen so few, quite happy to see Alexandra Wozniak actually beat a seeded player. Mauresmo from all the reports is not what she used to be but still good news from the native from my hometown who has already her best US Open ever in her third try. She will play next a hot player in Flavia Pennetta, ranked 10, let's hope i read properly the info.

Great reaction by Dent after winning the match.

Yeah, no kidding. Dent's been out for a couple of years, and its nice to see him having a good run at the Open so far. FWIW, the Dent v. Navarro match was WAY more interesting then the Nadal v. Kiefer match, although it seems that Kiefer is playing a little better in the second set.

Looking at the schedule today, two games do stand out on the main court. Federer-Hewitt at 11 am and to cap off the night Blake-Robredo should provide some fireworks with a partisan crowd on hand.

If you prefer good action to big names the Grandstand seems offering quality matchups especially Soderling-Querrey.