A different idea for the tribute CD

I hope it’s not too late to suggest a radical re-working of the proposed Organissimo fund-raising CD, but how about making a Christmas/holiday CD? And to take it a step further, combine the heads of some of the great greasy tunes to lead into the Christmas/holiday tune. The idea for this came from listening to my favorite Christmas CD: The Ventures Christmas Album. For those who’ve never heard it, the Ventures took eleven Christmas carols/songs, and used popular songs of the mid-60’s as intros into the tunes. So, as an example, the Beatles “I Feel Fine” led into “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer;” the tune “When You Walk in the Room” morphs into “Blue Christmas.” Stuff like that. I’d be glad to send a CDR of it up to you guys to give you an idea of what I’m talking about (I don’t know if it’s in print or not; if it is, it’s worth getting because it’s so much FUN!)

Just an idea that I figured you guys'd be able to pull off!

We actually did this on a small scale last year. We were in the studio doing the "Boogaloo" sessions and cut a shuffle version of "Oh Christmas Tree" and released it with another tune on an EP. I just did burns and handed them out at gigs as a promotional thing.

We'll probably do the same thing this year since it was a bit hit. We have a special hit at Billy's Lounge on December 18th that goes live over the airwaves and we'll probably hand them out then.