OT: I hate Josh Grobin

Jim Alfredson

There's nothing on TV right now and it's too hot to do anything, so I'm watching this Live From Abbey Road program and it has Josh Grobin on it. Why does this guy have a career? He'd be great... if he was trying out for a high school production of The Music Man. He just got done talking about artists like Paul Simon and Bjork taking risks and then started singing this lame-ass song that sounds wholly whitebread and not risky at all.

Oh well. It takes all kinds I guess.

Is that Josh F. Grobin?

Yes. Yes it is. And is it Grobin or Groban? Either way, it's c-r-a-p.

Funny, I've heard someone express these sentiments before... http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...st&p=110861

;)

I was trying to figure out how you found that and then remembered we have a new thread, a mere five years after that old one, lamenting the death of jazz. WHY WON'T IT JUST DIE!?!?!? :)

Funny stuff. I still like the idea of Jimmy's Rants!

Is that Josh F. Grobin?

Yes. Yes it is. And is it Grobin or Groban? Either way, it's c-r-a-p.

Funny, I've heard someone express these sentiments before... http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...st&p=110861

;)

I was trying to figure out how you found that and then remembered we have a new thread, a mere five years after that old one, lamenting the death of jazz. WHY WON'T IT JUST DIE!?!?!? :)

Funny stuff. I still like the idea of Jimmy's Rants!

I actually remembered the post. I have a really weird associative kind of memory, and at the time of the original post I had never really heard of Josh Groban. Thus, since the thread was the first substantive thing I heard about him, to this day every time I hear the words "Josh Groban", my brain thinks "Josh Groban is fucking terrible." It was pretty easy to find via Google.. http://www.google.com/search?&q="...mp;oq=&aqi=

Edited by Big Wheel

Though it seems to be the exception, he DID play with David Torn (on Door X), Tony Levin, and Bill Bruford in Bruford Levin Upper Extremities.

He's also recorded with Ratt, Winger, and Don Johnson. So what do I know.

-Aggie F. 87

Edited by Aggie87

Though it seems to be the exception, he DID play with David Torn (on Door X), Tony Levin, and Bill Bruford in Bruford Levin Upper Extremities.

He's also recorded with Ratt, Winger, and Don Johnson. So what do I know.

-Aggie F. 87

If those aren't some great creds, I don't know what are! :crazy: