Question about Miles Davis' Complete On the Corner Sessions

How does the mastering of He Loved Him Madly and Calypso Frelimo in the box compare to the Get Up With It 2 CD issue? Only these two tracks interest me, in this set. I currently have them on vinyl but not CD. I'd get the box to secure immaculate versions of these tracks, maybe, but I am happy with the versions I already own of the rest of the music in the set. Thanks for any input!

I only have the old muddy 2 CD Japanese version to compare to. He Loved Him Madly, in particular, and Calypso Frelimo sound better on the box set, but it's not a drastic improvement. Calypso Frelimo has always sounded partially submerged and I don't think any amount of remastering can fix that.

Possibly not. I bought mine in March of this year as it seemed to be disappearing.

Wow, I hadn't expected you'd be buying this set, Chuck. If I might ask, do you also have the complete Jack Johnson box? And/or the complete Bitches Brew set? I know these eras of Miles' career are not particularly your favorites.

But I can't help but asking if you have a preference between these three eras of Miles' career?? How might you force-rank the three??

(I have all of them, and the one I listen to the least (by far) is the complete Bitches Brew set. I've never been able to get my ears fully wrapped around the BB material.)

I only have the old muddy 2 CD Japanese version to compare to. He Loved Him Madly, in particular, and Calypso Frelimo sound better on the box set, but it's not a drastic improvement. Calypso Frelimo has always sounded partially submerged and I don't think any amount of remastering can fix that.

Thanks. About what I thought. Decisions, decisions...