what, no birthday greetings?

I want, no demand, a full explanation by 0900 tomorrow.

Seriously, I came to the library to check my email for all the great gig offers and hoped to see a birthday greeting here to be cheered up. Everyone else gets one, waaaahhhh

So let the cheering----or jeering----begin :party::crazy:

Edited by fasstrack

I want to make one serious, non-smartass comment: I've met, hung out with, had recordings of my friends and my dumbass self sent to me from, been to the homes of, had online laughs and arguments with many of the people on this board. And I'm honored.

And, best of all, so far unlike the outer, meaner world, no one's tried to make me a Born-Again, Lubavitch, or sell me Amway.

.............But, shit, it's only 1:50 EST and I'm only 55.....

Edited by fasstrack

Well, one nice thing happened today (besides spending a quiet day in maybe my favorite place, a library): a paycheck from a jazz organization I did some gigs for over the winter and last autumn had been stolen out of my mailbox by an ex-landlord's daughter. Then they signed my name and deposited it. The cops, of course, did diddly. The organization told me I was out of luck since it was already cashed. So that left the bank. Their bank was the same as mine, so I filed what's called an 'affidavit of forgery'. The bank dragged their ass for months, despite my yelling and threatening. Finally they told me the affidavit had to come from the payee. After 4 months they tell me this s$%t. Anyway, today I finally got a call from the org.s p-t treasurer, or whatever he is, that the bank issued a credit, and they're cutting me a check. Yay!

You have to fight for every bit of respect you get in this life, seems like. But sometimes you win. Being a pain in the ass when you are right ain't a bad thing sometimes. It's even neccesary.

Edited by fasstrack

Didn't see that you'd started your own birthday thread, Joel - that must be a first - so I started another thread.
Thanks. I wasn't trying to be cute, pushy, or self-congratulatory. I just thought that threads were automatically generated on birthdays. Finally I looked down and remembered that birthdays are pointed out on the bottom of the page. My bad. Anyway, I had a nice day and you all made it nicer. Let's put this mother to rest now and celebrate someone else's.....