Your audio equipment?

neveronfriday

I build large speakers ("open baffle") and dabbled with vintage speakers (Altec), but I realized I was spending too much time tinkering with the sound, never really satisfied, and I was too often listening to the same "playlists" for comparison purposes. 

6 months ago, I "downsized", in favor of a set of very cheap speakers (400€!) that someone recommended. I did modify them by changing the "crossover filters" (I just followed instructions provided by a trusted source). I'm really happy with the sound, which I find detailed, lively, yet relaxing and very easy to listen to for a long time.

My girlfriend is happy not having monster speakers in the living room, and she really enjoys the sound as well.

Edited by hopkins

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/17/2024 at 2:00 PM, JSngry said:

Is there any decent live music where you live?

I enjoy the Blue Note in Napa, and Yoshi's in SF, but those are over 2 hour drives for me. I do not get out as much as I used to though.

21 hours ago, BFrank said:

Obviously not "mine", but part of an exhibit about music at SFMOMA recently. They had music people curating they're own hand-picked music to play on this system.

sfmoma.jpg

I believe that is an Ojas setup and exhibit...  https://jelabs.blogspot.com/2023/12/ojas-listening-room-usm-in-soho-nyc.html

Edited by charlieboy

It's cool to see that this has always been your passion Charlie. Great photographs. I am afraid I will never able to drop by but I do believe it all sounds great. But if it's mostly about the music it would be great to see you post a little more in the music threads. Sounds like you have a great collection and you make enough listening hours so do share your experiences here on the board :)