why are people such......

pieces of $%()?

I send out 3 mass emails a year---either when I have a topic I feel strongly about or, much more rarely, to promote a gig----and am too polite to tell the people who endlessly deluge me with their self-absorbed BS to get stuffed, though I'm dying to.

So I get a message from a singer with a big head icily telling me to bugger off, take me off your list. Went to hear her on gigs, have mutual friends, etc. I most certainly will take you off my list, lady. The list of human beings i know....

I'm with you. It's not like junk snail-mail that actually (physically) clutters things up.
She showed me what she was about: herself. And she has plenty of company. To quote an old, similarly perturbed, friend: 'I think I'll resign from the human race and become a snail'......

If she's ever sent you one, then I think you have a point. If she's never sent one, then I think she has a right to ask for you not to send them to her.

I don't like any junk/mass emails, from anyone. Most go into the circular file without being opened.

She could have asked to be removed in a polite way. That might have gotten a different response.

Maybe she was in a bad mood when she hit the old 'send' button -- her cat just died, her car busted down, whatever.

You could send her a polite reply informing her she's been removed, apologies if the rare emails were a nuisance, meant them to be helpful, hope to catch one of your gigs soon. blah, blah, blah.

Show her a little kindness. See what happens.

She could have asked to be removed in a polite way. That might have gotten a different response.

Maybe she was in a bad mood when she hit the old 'send' button -- her cat just died, her car busted down, whatever.

You could send her a polite reply informing her she's been removed, apologies if the rare emails were a nuisance, meant them to be helpful, hope to catch one of your gigs soon. blah, blah, blah.

Show her a little kindness. See what happens.

Best to let it ride. I probably shouldn't have even posted this, a bit self-absorbed. There are more important things in everyone's lives than perceived snubs. This is not important and I apologize for wasting people's time. I promise to waste your time more productively.