Swine Flu. Anyone here come down with it?

My wife (who is a critcal care nurse) had the flu jab and the H1N1 jab. She's always had the flu jab, but swore she wouldn't have the H1N1 because the lack of long-term data about its safety. After everyone else in her department had it, she changed her mind. I have always eschewed the flu jab, but now I'm in two minds. I'd get it free, as a clinical employee of the NHS. What to do?

Get it.

well, I may have it - my daughter had it last week, and I'm having a great deal of trouble, some breathing issues, which I have to monitor.

This ain't fun; I haven't felt this lousy in 20 years.

Allen, No joke--get to a doctor. Even if it not swine flu, I learned last year that there is a lot they can do within the first few days with flu that involves the lungs, but there is not so much they can do the longer you wait to seek medical attention.

I was on the phone with the triage nurse - they've got me taken mucinex and cough medicine and a saline spray. My temp is down to about 100 (it hit about 102 earlier today) and want me to basically monitor my breathing for any problems.

Damn, Allen...hope you get completely better real soon. :tup

thank you - I haven't had so much as a sniffle in three years -

the temp is down to 99.3, which is good - apparently when this stuff is real bad the fever rages for a few days and doesn't respond to anything.

sure wish I could blame this on the Bush administration - or at least Bohner - or maybe Kenny G -

well, Jim will be happy - I don't have the strength to get into an argument with anybody -

Edited by AllenLowe

Fuck Allen, that sounds like what I had in August, it was brutal. I couldn't see my doctor for five days. I saw a sort of miniclinic nurse who did nothing but give tests, one of which showed I didn't have the flu!

Took me another four or five days to have no fever, and a week or two to really feel myself. I was on antibiotics ten days after seeing the doctor.

I didn't make anyone else sick, even my girlfriend, which was amazing as much as we were together and how we were together.

hmmmmm.......

day three - slept pretty well, though I woke up feeling like I hadn't -

worst thing about this is the cough, which makes it feel like my ribs are bruised -

given what jazzbo said, I hope my goat doesn't catch this - especially since the chicken has been sneezing all morning.

Edited by AllenLowe