Vintage Vanguard/Gokudo Site - Still There?

JSngry

www.gokudo.co.jp/Record/BlueNote1/

I've not been able to connect for a month or two now. What gives?

Network Timeout

The server at www.gokudo.co.jp is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

If you install the Live HTTP Headers extension for Firefox, then try to load the page, you'll have output you can copy into a post here (or PM me) to troubleshoot. Other things to try:

-Try clearing your cookies in addition to cache.

-Change your browser's proxy setting to "auto-detect proxy settings" - a long shot, but could work.

It's an off chance, but if you have a static IP they could be blocking it (maybe they think you're visiting too frequently and racking up bandwidth costs on their end).

It could be your server rather than your computer. I spend most of my time these days in Kazakhstan. When I try to connect to Vintage Vangard from my server here, the same thing happens. It won't let me connect, and the connection times out. When I am in Washington, I connect just fine with the same computer.

Edited by John L

It could be your server rather than your computer. I spend most of my time these days in Kazakhstan. When I try to connect to Vintage Vangard from my server here, the same thing happens. It won't let me connect, and the connection times out. When I am in Washington, I connect just fine with the same computer.

Yeah, I'm reaching the same conclusion...except that I used to able to connect...perhaps a call is in order...

Really!?!?!?!?!

interesting...

It's just been over the last few months for me, but it does make the issue of ISP server conflict seem even more worth investigating...

Given that you are both in Texas (and possibly using the same ISP) it makes me wonder if the site is blocking a whole range of IP addresses. If your ISP is routing your traffic through the same datacenter you could be assigned IPs in a similar range to one another. Might want to test with other AT&T customers in TX to see if they have similar problems.

I'm less than 20 miles from Jim and use, with Lon, AT$T.yahoo as provider,

so the Texas idea may not be the prob in this case.

I always recommend shutting the router down for a minute or two,

then a restart, but other than that, I'm stumped.

Edited by rostasi

Well, I don't have to go to the site. Oddly, I haven't encountered many other sites that I can't reach. I'm not going to make an issue of it with my provider or seek out others who may have the problem. Life's too short, don't need the site.