CROWN HEADQUARTERS UNCOVERED

The very first jazz record that I ever bought was a Dave Brubeck Crown record, at a Firestone store in Gladewater, Texas. It was probably December 19, 1970.

One of the first jazz records I bought was a Brubeck on Crown, about 9 years earlier. Wonder if it was the same title? Don't have it anymore, but I remember one of the titles was "At a Perfume Counter".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know what to contribute to this thread (the only Crown LP's I ever had were beat to hell, and thus sounded even worse than they did when new)... so I tried a google search and found this cover...

HaddaBrooks.jpg

...and it appears to me that the decorative room-dividing custom interior design element she's standing next to is not a decorative room-dividing custom interior design element at all, but...

0862.jpg

...a George Nelson Platform Bench (designed for the Herman Miller Company in 1946), solid birch (primavera finish) with ebonized legs (her left hand is holding one of the legs). So, just letting you guys know (after all these years) you were HAD by this photographer/designer.

Btw, she looks good with the fur and eveything, but I want that bench.

When Virgin issued a CD of Hadda Brooks' Modern recordings, they used the same cover.