Can we start a thread all about me?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are other ways of drawing attention to yourself. Try the haiku approach - minimalist two or three word interventions in threads you are not really interested in, generally barking at people there for not sharing your views. Or if you are particularly insecure, find the minor celebrities on the board and tell them how much you've learned from them; when they bark at you, tell them how much you appreciate their plain speaking.

So true, so very true.

this is a particularly good idea - I have learned the art of the passive-aggressive from a few here, like Mr. Englewood, above. Try it, Chuck -

Comments deleted.

Come on...you deleted the bit about the deleted thread! :ph34r:

and i just came across photos of me in a two piece bathing suit around a pool with Cannon, John Levy and Walter Bishop that were taken in 1971.

Post 'em here on the Board! :excited:

Well, only because I think that CHUCK NESSA might enjoy seeing them. :w

I wish that there really was a thread about Chuck Nessa. In fact, I wish that he would write his autobiography, so that we could read more about his early days with the Art Ensemble of Chicago, the other artists he recorded, and the Chicago scene in the 1960s. If Chuck wrote it, it would be a hell of a good read.

Someone posted a wonderful site that identifies scores of internet types with cartoons and definitions. You recognise everyone you've ever met on an internet site...including, embarrassingly, yourself! Can't recall the name.

Edit:

Ah! This is the one:

Flame Warriors

:lol: I finally have a scorecard to keep track of this place!

Someone posted a wonderful site that identifies scores of internet types with cartoons and definitions. You recognise everyone you've ever met on an internet site...including, embarrassingly, yourself! Can't recall the name.

Edit:

Ah! This is the one:

Flame Warriors

:lol: I finally have a scorecard to keep track of this place!

I forgot to respond to that. Fun stuff, Bev. Thanks.

"For Ego, the discussion forum is all about him, and he regards discussions that stray from that topic as trivial dalliances. Although tolerant of an occasional shift in focus, Ego grows increasingly restive when the forum's attention shifts away from his interests, and he will often provoke conflict to reestablish himself as the subject at hand. Ego is one the the fiercest of all the Warriors and will fight to the death when attacked."

"For Ego, the discussion forum is all about him, and he regards discussions that stray from that topic as trivial dalliances. Although tolerant of an occasional shift in focus, Ego grows increasingly restive when the forum's attention shifts away from his interests, and he will often provoke conflict to reestablish himself as the subject at hand. Ego is one the the fiercest of all the Warriors and will fight to the death when attacked."

Somehow, it seems a little too serious without the accompanying visual:

ego.jpg

(that ain't me, by the way... I'm much older... darker hair...)

HEEEEERE'S TO CHU-UCK!

HEEEEEEE'S OUR FRIE-END!

HEEEEERE'S TO CHUCK, HE'S A HORSE'S ASS!

HE'S FRESH AS A DAISY,

DRIVES WOMEN CRAZY!

HEEEEERE'S TO CHUCK, HE'S A HORSE'S ASS!

BADA BADA DADA, TITS!

Whoa, excuse me. I was having a flashback to that rugby post-game party at the pub.

So there is an end in sight then...

"Evil Clown is very quick with a joke, but his jests always have a barb. He has little patience for in-depth discussions and will often disrupt exchanges between serious forum participants by introducing irrelevant topics, fatuous quips, and offhand comments. His greatest thrill is to taunt and humiliate weaker or more plodding Warriors with his snappy ripostes. Not a particularly powerful Warrior, Evil Clown will attempt to avoid defeat by accusing his attacker of having no sense of humor."

:rfr

PS: ain't thinking of Nessa.

Edited by 7/4