MLB 2009 Season

Now I'm really fucking worried. They have a runner thrown out at the plate in the top of the eighth, and the Orioles load the bases with no one out.

10-1 game in the seventh and they allow Baltimore to bring the tying the run to the plate in the eighth. If they fuck this away, I won't sleep tonight.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fucking bitch about Smoltz not getting the easy win and this is what they motherfucking do. When they miss the playoffs to the Yankees, it will be this game, and that motherfucking asshole Castillo gift-wrapping that dropped popup that will have been the fucking difference.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

THE LAST DOZEN OF THOSE WERE FOR YOU, JEFF.

Bailey gets a single, followed by Lugo getting caught looking for out #1. Pedroia flies out for out #2. It's up to Youk to save Dan's sleep.

Strike one.

Strike two.

Ball.

Youk gets nailed by a pitch.

Jason Bay steps up to the plate....

Strike one.

Strike two.

Ball one.

and every motherfucking one of them are for you, Jeff.

I can't believe that collapse in Baltimore.

Don't look now, but the Rays are on a 7-game roll, 9-1 in their last 10. I think they lost 8 in a row heading into last year's All Star game. And they have the second-best record in baseball (behind the Dodgers) since somewhere in late April, I believe.

Martin Prado had the game of his LIFE tonight. Phils coughed up the lead not once, not twice, but three times. C'mon fellas you can't keep pulling that crap and expect to make the playoffs(not that you have any chance but I digress....)

Hmm so w/ the Phils' loss tonight that means the NL East is the only division w/out a 40 game winner by July 1. Pathetic.

Edit: Whoops forgot about the Marlins sitting on 39 wins too. Well if the rain ever lets up they should get #40 tonight. Still having one team w/ 40 wins on July 1st is pretty lame.

It seems like even the dim bulb inside of Cox's brain has finally figured out that Prado should be at 2nd base over Kelly Johnson. Johnson hit. 398 last September, and Cox has given him all season to get back on track...but he said Prado is the starting 2nd baseman now.

Now JH, it's just because all the teams in the NL Least are so darned good that no team (til last night) had 40 wins! ;) what is up with JRoll??? He is way too good to be scuffling like this! He is making Frenchy look patient right now. Anyone have any ideas as to why???

Wow... what absolute bullshit. Francoma gets the credit for this one. That was pathetic.

When the entire bullpen lays a turd and can't get anyone out, I don't know how you blame the manager. Who expects Masterson to completely lose it when he was cruising? What bothered me was yanking Delcarmen just because a lefty is coming up - he's better against lefties to begin with, he had an utterly dominant OPS against lefties last year. Then save Okajima for hopefully a clean 8th inning. He also could have called on Paps sooner when it was obvious Saito couldn't stop them. But that's all water under the bridge.

As long as Beckett continues to dominate today and we don't let this snowball, we'll be OK. But if the Orioles are energized and get a great performance from their starter, this is going to go downhill fast. A one game losing streak will turn into four in the blink of an eye, playing at Fenway or no. King Felix, Bedard ... this could get ugly in a hurry just when they are supposed to cruise into the break, with what should have been a sweep at Baltimore and then ten games at home against crappy teams.

Well so far its my worst nightmare come true. Energized Oriole team, Beckett throwing a stinker, offense completely AWOL.

Everyone gets a mental health day tomorrow.

If that doesn't help them get their shit together, and no one cools off the Mother Fucking Yankees (or Rays), they'll be out of first place before the break.

Never would have guessed Bard was the guy Francona should have gone to last night. Six up, six down, 4 Ks. Would be tremendous if they can steal this one but I am still afraid that they are just waiting to make the final collapse even that much worse.

and every motherfucking one of them are for you, Jeff.

I was in Baltimore the day after this game. Needless to say, all the people around me were still talking about it. :cool: