MLB 2009 Season

The Phils could stick with what they have and when they get healthy, cruise into the playoffs, where anything can happen. They are still the class of that division.

I think I'll take credit for saying that the Red Sox could afford to give Ortiz the month of June to see if he figures it out or continues his epic slump. 7 homers at better than a one in seven AB rate, OPS over 1.0, and he's hit those homers off of just about every pitch that was flummoxing him before - mid-90s fastball from Burnett - lands in the CF bleachers. Change-up from that Nats pitcher Thursday - pummeled. Fastball in from Jurggens last night - driven twenty rows deep in right field.

PAPI IS BACK!!!!*

*and now there is no need to over-pay for a bat.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since when is it okay for J.D. Drew to have 25 home runs & 74 rbi's? or Wakefield to have 10 wins? When I say you're overrated stay overrated players! I don't like this development.... at all..... <_<

What the fuck are you looking at? Drew doesn't even project to those numbers. He's barely ahead of Ortiz, and Ortiz took two of the first three months off.

Wake on the other hand - what would you say if I told you his next start would break a tie for most starts in a Red Sox uniform (with Clemens) or that, assuming he doesn't fall off a cliff here that he could exceed Clemens and Cy Young by getting his 193rd career Red Sox victory next season? Did you see his performance yesterday? He's doing a helluva fine job.

OTOH, I am motherfucking pissed at the way they fuck away three straight opportunities to get sweeps against crappy teams. Yeah, Hanson is supposed to be a stud - in the fucking future. He ain't Cy Young yet, and has barely shown anything to justify the hype. Until he fucking pitches against us.

I'd like to dream that I've spoken too soon with Varitek standing on second with a hustle double, but I harbor no illusions.

OTOH, I am motherfucking pissed at the way they fuck away three straight opportunities to get sweeps against crappy teams.

I'd like to dream that I've spoken too soon with Varitek standing on second with a hustle double, but I harbor no illusions.

Dan, the braves are not crappy! They can't hit, that's all. Or Field. Also, they have a brain dead manager, and hitting coach. Ok, the team is pretty crappy except in one area, pitching. 5th best ERA in the Majors. Jair Jurrjens and Javier Vazquez are 7th and 8th in NL ERA, and both have sub .500 records to show for it. Rafael Soriano and Mike Gonzalez are as good if not better than anyone's 8th and 9th inning guys.

Yeah, Hanson is supposed to be a stud - in the fucking future. He ain't Cy Young yet, and has barely shown anything to justify the hype. Until he fucking pitches against us.

Dan, you sound like your brothers on Sons of Sam Horn. Yeah, Hanson has barely shown anything to justify the hype. Except beat the Yankees and Red Sox in back to back games. Didn't allow a run to either team either. In his last 3 starts(17 innings) he has allowed 9 hits. In fact, he hasn't allowed one FUCKING run in his last 20 innings! I can't wait to see him show something to justify the hype! :excited: Oh yeah, and he held the Sox to 2 hits, while battling the FUCKING flu!!!

"I told Kris (Medlen) he'd better be ready to pitch," Hanson said. "I felt horrible waking up this morning. Driving to field, I didn't feel good at all. But once I got going, got my blood flowing, I felt a lot better."

So, he had the Flu and beat the Sox on a day it was 100 FUCKING degrees as well! How the FUCK did the FUCKER do that??? (Say, now I know why you type Fuck so often, its FUCKING cathartic! :P )

Can't win every game Dan. Winning every series will just have to suffice! There were several early series this year the FUCKING braves should have swept, but that was different, the teams they were playing were really crappy! ^_^

Edited by BERIGAN

The guy has a strikeout to walk ratio of 1. A WHIP over 1.4. When your starters allow two runs in three games, you really ought to sweep. In fact, I was even more infuriated when I saw the final score. You see, I prefer not to watch the final out of aggravating losses, so when Ortiz grounded out and Youkilis was hung up, I figured it was over. Only later did I learn that the Braves blew the rundown and that Youk scored on a Varitek single. That's really fucking bad.

And to top it off, the Yankees stopped losing (look at the truly crappy team they played to understand why) so the Sox lose two games in the standing by failing to complete a sweep in back-to-back series. In fact, they finished 11-7 in interleague play, with four missed chances to sweep! With the Rays making a move and the Yankees not about to go away, those are missed opportunities that could haunt.

Boy the Mets stink. That's some bad baseball. I think I picked 'em to finish first in the pre-season poll. :rolleyes:

The NL East is the only division not to have a team that has won at least 40 games. It's also the only division to have a team w/ less than 30 wins(For inquiring minds that would be the Nats w/ 22)

Boy the Mets stink. That's some bad baseball. I think I picked 'em to finish first in the pre-season poll. :rolleyes:

The NL East is the only division not to have a team that has won at least 40 games. It's also the only division to have a team w/ less than 30 wins(For inquiring minds that would be the Nats w/ 22)

The Met offense rests on four players and three of them are on the DL!

Seven shut out innings from Lester means that since Smoltz far-from-great season debut, three Red Sox starters have won by going six or seven innings without allowing any runs, and the other pitcher was a six-inning, two earned runs allowed, hard-luck loser. Starters ERA 0.69, 17-1 strikeout to walk ratio.

I'll be ecstatic if Smoltz keeps it up tomorrow.

There's some terrible luck for Smoltz. Sox score 9 runs for him, he's sailing along, only 52 pitches through four innings, 3 hits, one walk, one run and the rains come in Baltimore as he finishes his warm-up pitches for the bottom of the fifth. You just know that one year since his last win or no, there's no way Tito will risk anything by sending him out for another inning once this rain stops.

At least he had a much better start than the first one.

Martin Prado had the game of his LIFE tonight. Phils coughed up the lead not once, not twice, but three times. C'mon fellas you can't keep pulling that crap and expect to make the playoffs(not that you have any chance but I digress....)

Hmm so w/ the Phils' loss tonight that means the NL East is the only division w/out a 40 game winner by July 1. Pathetic.

Edit: Whoops forgot about the Marlins sitting on 39 wins too. Well if the rain ever lets up they should get #40 tonight. Still having one team w/ 40 wins on July 1st is pretty lame.

Edited by J.H. Deeley