FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

End date 5/6/09

Press Contact: Beth Fleenor*

The Frank Agency

beth@thefrankagency.org

*CDs, photos, and more information available upon request

REPTET

EAST COAST TOUR – MAY 2009

“This Seattle sextet does it all: it grooves, it rocks, it squawks - occasionally, it even talks. Mostly, it sounds like a New Orleans jazz band on crystal meth.” - Jazziz Magazine

“(Reptet) create a Frank Zappa meets Dirty Dozen Brass Band atmosphere of wacky fun and highly skilled musicianship.” - All About Jazz

May 1 Annandale-on-the-Hudson, NY - BARD College ‘Spring Fling’

May 2 Brooklyn, NY (Flatbush) - Vox Pop (w/ Ty Citerman of Gutbucket and Das Vibenbass)

May 3 New York, NY - DROM (w/ Burnt Sugar)

May 4 Philadelphia, PA - Chris’ Jazz Cafe

May 5 Brooklyn, NY (Redhook) - The Jalopy Theatre

For more information please visit www.reptet.com or www.monktail.com.

The Band

Reptet (Monktail Records) will be touring the east coast in May to promote their new, critically acclaimed record, Chicken or Beef? Their brief tour includes return visits to Manhattan, Brooklyn and Philadelphia.

Winners of two 2007 Earshot Golden Ear Awards, this genre bending Seattle based band is comprised of six multi-instrumentalists who have an expansive approach to music, performing original compositions that incorporate jazz, rock, ska, punk, modern classical, avant garde, eastern European folk influences and more. Their internationally acclaimed 2006 release, "Do This!" (Monktail Records) won many accolades and was chosen top Jazz CD of the Year by Jazziz Magazine's Alex Gelfand. Their new disc, “Chicken or Beef?” (Monktail Records) released in June 2008 was chosen finalist for Jazz Record of the Year by the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards. Their live performances have been described as, “arresting, compelling and just plain cranked-up!” with stage shows evolving into transformative performance art pieces using costumes, story telling, dance routines and absurdist humor. Reptet have proven themselves to be a unique and utterly enthralling multi-leveled experience leaving audiences wanting more. This internationally touring ensemble will be making a trip through Canadian in the summer of 2009, will launch their first European tour in the fall 2009 and be releasing their first 10" vinyl record later in the year.

Edited by Johnny E

Will definitely see you in Philly at Chris'. Can't wait!

Sweet.

Burnt Sugar hits at 9:30 and we hit around 11.

I hope Flip Barnes is in town at that time. When he's in town he plays with Burnt Sugar. Flip is a bad ass muthafucker and a sweet guy too.

Sweet.

I hope Flip Barnes is in town at that time. When he's in town he plays with Burnt Sugar. Flip is a bad ass muthafucker and a sweet guy too.

I'm going to try to make it, too. Peter, it's your job to remind me a week before. :rolleyes:

Sweet.

I'm going to try to make it, too. Peter, it's your job to remind me a week before. :rolleyes:

Just to be clear,

In Philly it's Reptet only at Chris' 8PM-12AM (three sets). In New York it's Reptet and Burnt Sugar at DROM 9:30PM-12AM (one set each).

Thanks,

-john

Sweet.

Just to be clear,

In Philly it's Reptet only at Chris' 8PM-12AM (three sets). In New York it's Reptet and Burnt Sugar at DROM 9:30PM-12AM (one set each).

Thanks,

-john

Then fuggedaboudit--I was only coming to see Burnt Sugar. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. Will see you at Chris'. Ron, are you going? Want to meet on the early side? Chalupa? Anyone else in Philly?

1. Yep

2. Yep

3. Last time I spoke to him, I think Chalupa Deely von Kirby said he's planning to go.

Edited by Ron S

Why does Reptet hate the South? :D

Hmmm. why did Charles Mingus hate the South? :unsure:

OK suckers, I'm leaving on an early plane in the morning. I'll see you in the Big Apple, or the Big Scrapple - whichever the case may be. :crazy:

Edited by Johnny E