modern jazz group freiburg eps

ingebrixen

Well, check eBay or German fleamarkets. I own one of those three EPs and in fact found it at a local fleamarket (though sometime in the 90s).

As a matter of fact I've seen another copy of this EP I own on eBay several years ago but the winning bid price was kind of silly...

You're not the only one who's on the lookout for items like that (I've been aware of these ever since I got hold of a 1960 issue of the "Bielefelder Jazz Katalog" (no doubt you know what THAT is) in my early collecting days in the 70s).

But of course with "Eurojazz" it's a chancy thing, and maybe we're both doing ourselves a disservice by discussing those items in public here because as you might know there has been a FATAL tendency for certain Asian speculators (I cannot use the term "collector", seeing how they ruin the market - sorry) to snap up ANYTHING that reeks of European jazz from the 50s/60s. And that automatically makes those items (which are part of OUR OWN jazz heritage) quite unaffordable for anybody outside those Asian places.

I've never heard of any reissues either - sorry. But it might be high time ...

Edited by Big Beat Steve

But of course with "Eurojazz" it's a chancy thing, and maybe we're both doing ourselves a disservice by discussing those items in public here because as you might know there has been a FATAL tendency for certain Asian speculators (I cannot use the term "collector", seeing how they ruin the market - sorry) to snap up ANYTHING that reeks of European jazz from the 50s/60s. And that automatically makes those items (which are part of OUR OWN jazz heritage) quite unaffordable for anybody outside those Asian places.

That's right... they ruin the market, no doubt. But don't you think the Asians have already (re)discovered everything in Jazz ? And most of the times BEFORE us ? I will not be surprised if the EP's you are (trying not to) talking about already sell for out$$$$$$$$$tanding prices in Osaka or Tokyo record shops.... :mellow:

• 3 months later...

Ah, bullshite2000...

You know, some of those rare LPs by Bent Axen, Franco Cerri, etc. are being reissued so it's not outside the realm of possibility that these too might see the light of day again... perhaps on a compilation or something.

That Cerri European Jazz-Stars one seems to have slipped through the net and wasn't listed in the JPN re-issues thread.

CD is due out in late May. After checking out a few clips at this site, I'm sold.

http://www.ticro.com/search/F10001412/no_sub/detail/

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/product/detail/3542052