New Keith Jarrett Trio & Enrico Rava on ECM

Guest JazzLoft

Guest Bill Barton

This batch of ECM releases is pretty interesting so far. I haven't previewed the Jarrett yet but the Rava (w/Mark Turner et al.) is excellent. The one that knocks me out is the Gianluigi Trovesi All'Opera disc though.

Guest Bill Barton

Opera without words. Played a section of that, though need a tutorial from the classical staff on the Italian pronunciations.

Yeah, it's a pronunciation thicket alright!

Great record...

The Jarrett vinyl I ordered is back ordered, not sure why I guess ECM wasn't anticipating the demand for new vinyl releasees.

Luckily the Rava on CD came right on time and I have to say its great. Deceptive though. The first song could be on the last two Rava records but then we get an improve number on track two and then track three gets a little free. If your expecting a sedate ECM session you will be nicely surprised how it at times it moves away from that. While there was certianly nothing wrong with his last record the Words and The Days this record has lot more push/pull/free improve and tension to it.

Mark Turner plays Wayne Shorter to Rava's Miles Davis at times with the way his lines follow Rava's. Grenadier and Motian are great and Bollani well, you have to hear for yourself, as always he seems to bring the best out of Enrico Rava. Wonderful record.

Edited by WorldB3

• 4 weeks later...

Luckily the Rava on CD came right on time and I have to say its great. Deceptive though. The first song could be on the last two Rava records but then we get an improve number on track two and then track three gets a little free. If your expecting a sedate ECM session you will be nicely surprised how it at times it moves away from that. While there was certianly nothing wrong with his last record the Words and The Days this record has lot more push/pull/free improve and tension to it.

Mark Turner plays Wayne Shorter to Rava's Miles Davis at times with the way his lines follow Rava's. Grenadier and Motian are great and Bollani well, you have to hear for yourself, as always he seems to bring the best out of Enrico Rava. Wonderful record.

OK, you guys sold me on it. Will check it out.