animated album covers

couw

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'nother lazy weekend, so here's some more!

I did a Thad Jones too. I really like the one Jeff made. I of course had to make it much too difficult for myself and had to restore the entire background of the street, including the lettering of the theatre just behind Thad. Only then did I notice there is a lady standing behind him as well! You can only see part of her dress and her shadow. I got rid of her. Sorry for that. Further I focussed on the idyllic part with the pigeons and that gave me the opportunity to include another cover that would otherwise never have made this series.

MagnThadJones40.gif

The big one can be found through this link: The Magnificent Thad Jones (490 Kb)

#Rooster Tom asked twice for this one. I am really anxious to see Africa Jeff's take on it, as he promised he'd do one. FWIW, here's mine. It turned out rather dreamy. To confuse Rooster Tom even more, I left out the BN logo completely :g

(and BTW, it took one click on "auto-levels" in PhShop to make the colours look like they turned out on the second cover Rooster posted. Go figure. It has to do with optimising the spectrum of hues/contrast/brightness of a pic, but it will not keep such beautifully toned pictures like this one intact. So I clicked "undo" immediately)

SpeakChild20.gif

In all its glory, it can be found here: Herbie Hancock - Speak Like A Child (470 Kb)

Edited by couw