David S. Ware needs a new kidney

Chalupa

http://www.avantmusicnews.com/2009/01/17/d...needs-a-kidney/

This announcement was sent today from Steven Joerg at AUM Fidelity:

This is an urgent notice on David S. Ware’s health. David needs to find a kidney donor.

David was diagnosed with kidney failure in 1999 and he began dialysis that fall. He had an intensive three week hemodialysis regime toward beginning peritoneal (self-administered) dialysis, which would allow him to travel.

He has been on this self-administered dialysis regime multiple times every day and night since October 1999. While certainly difficult, he has been able to travel, and perform his music undiminished, since then.

However, late this past December, David called to say that after 9 years this treatment was no longer working as it had been, and that a kidney transplant is the only viable option for his survival.

Since then a number of friends and family members have offered to give him one of their kidneys. Unfortunately, they have all been disqualified due to health reasons or not having David’s blood type, O.

Some basic/initial requirements for viable donors are that they must be under 60 years of age, do not have diabetes or high blood pressure, are in general good health, and have blood type O (either O or O- is fine).

The hospital where a transplant would take place is the very highly regarded Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ

Willing and able potential donors should please get in touch with us as soon as possible:

Steven Joerg / David S. Ware management

aum@aumfidelity.com

telephone: 718 854 2387

We will then get them directly in touch with the Kidney Transplant Center at RWJU Hospital to begin the screening process for donor viability.

Thank you on behalf of David S. Ware;

Guest Bill Barton

Bright Moments and best wishes from here as well. Let's hope that the widespread online posting of Mr. Joerg's letter gets some response. David Gitin also forwarded the link directly to my e-mail and I'm sure that a slew of other folks received that message. "Pass it on" as the cliche goes...

I read excerpts from the letter on my radio show this early a.m. and hope that other broadcasters have followed suit or will do so soon.

Edited by Bill Barton

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bill Barton

This update was recently posted on another bulletin board:

An update from Steve at AUM-Fidelity:

Dear Friends,

Thank You All for your notes and your energy of support in response to the critical news. This page has been created to keep you up to date:

link

The beautiful news is that a number of potential donors have stepped forward; deepest blessings. The first is in the process of being screened toward potential transplant surgery. Medicare policy (David's principal insurance) is rather evidently that only one donor at a time may be screened. It is both David and this donor's hope that all may move toward this transplant. The screening process takes time as has been made apparent. David is in stable condition and continuing peritoneal dialysis at home. His spirits have been brightened in the past week and a half by all of your responsive energy, and we remain optimistic. When the time comes, we will send out a notice in response to the many inquiries we've had for donations toward further direct support.

AGAIN: To All who have extended their positive energy and prayers and love to David in response to the call, Thank You. To more good news soon! And once again, please do forward this notice and webpage link:

http://www.aumfidelity.com/david-s-ware-health.html

to all who we haven't yet reached with it. –SJ/AUM/DSW

• 1 month later...

MARCH 12, 2009 – UPDATE: healthy kidney donor found and surgery scheduled!

Dear friends, fans and extended family of the AUM Community:

It is with much happiness to report some great news on David’s journey. The first of the beautiful people who came forward in response to the call for help – this particular beautiful person being Laura Mehr – has passed the screening process with flying colors, and a date – May 5th – has been scheduled for the kidney transplant operation.

In the 8 weeks leading up to this date, David will of course continue his intensive daily dialysis regimen, and following the operation he will have at least a 3 month recuperation period.

In response to our initial email, a number of folks inquired about sending donations to David to help cover expenses during this period of time in which he has not been and will not be able to work. Though David has Medicare coverage for the operation, there are also other related expenses which Medicare does not cover, such as flying Laura up from her residence in Florida for the screening process and then again for the coming operation itself. Any such donations would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to do so:

You can PayPal to this address/account: aum@aumfidelity.com

in which case, please include a simple note, "for David S. Ware support"

You can also send check or money orders made out to David S. Ware to:

........AUM Fidelity

........PO Box 170147

........Brooklyn, NY 11217

To all who forwarded and posted our original email with the critical news of his search, please do the same with this notice and this URL: http://www.aumfidelity.com/david-s-ware-health.html, in order that the good news be spread as well!

A note from donor Laura Mehr:

“Over 30 years ago, my husband and David shared time and spiritual understanding. During Maurice's lifetime as a spiritual aspirant and transcendent artist, Maurice talked affectionately about David and the mutual artistic understandings and spiritual connections they shared.

When Maurice passed on almost two years ago, I contacted David to let him know that Maurice had passed. About a year after that, a friend of mine was in need of a kidney transplant, and I volunteered to be tested. Before I could be tested, my friend received a kidney from the UNOS transplant list. This was a great happy surprise to both of us, and he is now home and his new kidney is functioning well. Less than 48 hours after I got the news that my friend had received his transplant, Steven sent out the appeal about David's situation. My stunned reaction that this could be happening so quickly, gave way to the even greater surprise that as with my friend, David and I were the same blood type. I did not hesitate to volunteer, as I knew that this was not simply happenstance, but divine intervention. As David later said "Life is truly stranger than fiction".

Things have moved quickly from that point, and all tests have come back as a match, and we are ready, on May 5th, to cross that bright line where giving and receiving are actually one and the same.”

–Laura Mehr

And a link to Laura’s website:

http://www.designsbylauramehr.com

Thank you Laura(!) and to all once again for your emails and energy of support;

here’s to full-on success on May 5th and forward!

Steven Joerg

AUM Fidelity

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have news on his May 5th surgery? I hope he gets to read the excellent reviews on his Shakti CD.

MAY 13, 2009 – transplant surgery a success!

Friends, the great news is that David and Laura's transplant surgery yesterday was a success. Both David and Laura are doing fine and resting as I type this. The 3-4 month recuperation period for David begins today...

• 5 months later...